Amazing performance...

OK. We've heard it over and over, but here's one more. I didn't think I could become a bigger Enchant fan than I already was. It was great coming out from Virginia and meeting you guys (y'all, as we say it here in Southeast VA). Thanks for everything, the party, the hospitality and the awesome show. All I can say about the show is: Tight! You could just record your CD's live in the studio with one take, I think. Every note by every member was right where it needed to be. It was very interesting. Instead of watching the musicians individually like I often do, I was watching the band all together. The arrangements by far exceed the sum of all the parts. :worship:

To all the people we met: Discodave, Bob & Jennifer, and everyone else, it was nice meeting you, and I wish we could have spent more time chatting and partying. But my wife and I were playing tourists, since it was my first time in California. Maybe we can do it on the east coast next time, and I'll host, along with my other new friends who came from out this way. :headbang:

Friday felt alright, Saturday was great...

I'm a busy little drone again on this Monday. But WOW, what an awesome weekend.

It was great hanging out, and meeting with all the Forumers (The Oasis is the perfect name for the website, but what do we call the msg board and what can we call us posters. Marillion fans are called Freaks. Would anybody else to like to name us, Enchant fans? I would like to, but hey just my opinion. Any ideas for names??). All of you are great fans any band would love to have. Hopefully we can recruit some more converts.

Great hanging out with the NY crew. You guys raised the energy level at the show to a high. You have my email right?

Dan thanks for the great spot at the show, and what Saga song was that?

Mare, my pleasure with the burger run. Can't wait to see some of your incredible pictures.

And of course, my great thanks to Doug, Ed, Ted, Sean, & Mr Magical Nose, Bill. As always it was great hanging out with you. Wish this would happen every year, but hey, we all gotta pay the bills. Your performance was passionate, heartfelt, and pure. Definitely the best show I have ever experienced. Ted and Doug, tell your wife and sis, it was great seeing them again. Sean and Ed, good luck with your girls. Sean is going to be the next one hitched :D. It was nice meeting all of your families too. Hey, the Shitape (Earmuffs) was there too, with his kids. Really nice guy also.

I echo everyone's comments on the fabulous setlist, performance, and energy. It was definitely something very special. It is awesome that this will be on DVD soon. A few random comments...I loved the acoustic Black Eyes, Pure, and Colors Fade set. Especially Colors Fade.... Maybe a SINGLE???????? They were beautiful. Break was awesome live. Angry and aggressive. Bill definitely was the missing piece after seeing him live. Bill, where have you been all this time? The Voice, I mean, Ted, can't get any better. WOW!!! Not too shabby on the axe either. Doug, we worship you, the guitar god as always, but your energy and passion were incredible. Your tone is the best, period, no argument. And Sean and Ed, you are like mashed potatoes and gravy, peanut butter and jelly, charlize theron and me (at least in my dreams :D ). Just simply the perfect rhythm section. Gentlemen I congratulate you for your finest hour.

Damn I am getting a little sad now writing this, thinking that it is over, but the DVD is a lifesaver.

Take care everyone, and thanks for an incredible Enchanted weekend,
Jim

Can't add much more to all that's been said...

Friday night was an unprecedented opportunity to meet and get to know a GREAT bunch of people. My wife Jennifer is new to all this and she had an incredible time meeting everyone.

All you forum folks that we met: Bill from VA, Disco Dave, Dave from FL, Viadragon (another local!), Mare & EVERYONE... It was great sharing such a tremendous concert experience with such enthusiastic and loyal fans!

ENCHANT: you guys are the best kept secret in music!

Bob

jjmannford said:

I'm a busy little drone again on this Monday. But WOW, what an awesome weekend.

It was great hanging out, and meeting with all the Forumers (The Oasis is the perfect name for the website, but what do we call the msg board and what can we call us posters. Marillion fans are called Freaks. Would anybody else to like to name us, Enchant fans? I would like to, but hey just my opinion. Any ideas for names??). All of you are great fans any band would love to have. Hopefully we can recruit some more converts.
I guess 'The Enchanted' is too basic? I would love that one, myself!

Other options, if trying to link to the songs, could be:

Lizards
Eyes (or maybe the Seers)
Flatliners
Jugglers

I'm always working on converts too!

Cheers!

jjmannford said:
Dan thanks for the great spot at the show, and what Saga song was that?

Hey Jim - I think I can hit that one. (being the old SAGA fan that I am)
That was GIANT off of the 'A Beginners Guide to Throwing Shapes' CD.
Not one of my top picks of theirs but it was just damn fine (and a great surprise) to hear Saga flowing out of those speakers!:headbang:

[There was a very cool song just before that or maybe two songs before that, that I couldn't place.... anyone know what was played before the Saga tune?....]

DAVE

I've been watching the rebroadcast and man.. I'm sooo friggin' jealous!

Enchant, you guys were great. I can't believe how tight you guys are together.

And something else that strikes me is how much you appear to be into the music. It's almost like you are as much part of the audience as you are a member of the band.

....on second thought, maybe you can do better.. in CLEVELAND?

hint hint

Great show guys! Thanks for keeping an eye on the chat, made us home-bodies feel a part of the show. Thanks also to Mare and Carny and everyone else who popped in the chat and said Hey! Looking forward to the pics Mare. BTW, my surgery is tomorrow...finally. I'll keep ya updated. Thanks for an awesome show, really looking forward to that DVD!

Joel

NP: Richard Wright - Broken China

Very cool show, but everyone had read that already! I can't wait to see the DVD version of the show...it might take a while as there were 6 cameras on the show & Enchant cameraman shooting not only the interviews but the imusicast facilities as well. Hopefully the control room will make it to the DVD... :p

It was very fun meeting everyone in the crowd...maybe the band can do this again next year? :wave:

Burke said:
Hey Jim - I think I can hit that one. (being the old SAGA fan that I am)
That was GIANT off of the 'A Beginners Guide to Throwing Shapes' CD.
Not one of my top picks of theirs but it was just damn fine (and a great surprise) to hear Saga flowing out of those speakers!:headbang:

[There was a very cool song just before that or maybe two songs before that, that I couldn't place.... anyone know what was played before the Saga tune?....]

DAVE
I don't know whether it was before or after Saga (although I remember the Saga tune, just didn't know which one it was, so thanks, Dave!) but I was TOTALLY PSYCHED to hear JELLYFISH over the speakers!!! That great track was New Mistake from one of Ted's fave CD's - Spilt Milk! I love Jellyfish too -- have the 'Fan Club' Box Set and everything! Too bad they still aren't around! :( Ah Well, though --- I can't complain -- ENCHANT is still rockin' the house!!!!

Thanks again for 'saving my space' --- you rock!

Cheers!

jjmannford said:
tone is the best, period, no argument. And Sean and Ed, you are like mashed potatoes and gravy, peanut butter and jelly, charlize theron and me (at least in my dreams :D ). Just simply the perfect rhythm section. Gentlemen I congratulate you for your finest hour.
Jim

Hey Jim,

Thanks man. I can't say enough how moved I was by meeting each of
you on the forum. But what I really have to know now is: which one
(i.e. Ed or Sean) would be Charlize in the dream? This is awesome stuff
to know for our rehearsals. (A previous post now has Ted entering in as
our "cherry on top" - I wanted to work that into the set somehow! But then,
I guess we do have to be serious sometimes...I guess :)

Cheers,
Bill

IL Beardfan said:
Great show guys! Thanks for keeping an eye on the chat, made us home-bodies feel a part of the show. Thanks also to Mare and Carny and everyone else who popped in the chat and said Hey! Looking forward to the pics Mare. BTW, my surgery is tomorrow...finally. I'll keep ya updated. Thanks for an awesome show, really looking forward to that DVD!

Joel

NP: Richard Wright - Broken China

Hey Joel,

Good luck with the surgery. I wasn't paying attention earlier - I hope it
is nothing too serious and that it all goes well!

~Bill

mgirishfan said:
I don't know whether it was before or after Saga (although I remember the Saga tune, just didn't know which one it was, so thanks, Dave!) but I was TOTALLY PSYCHED to hear JELLYFISH over the speakers!!! That great track was New Mistake from one of Ted's fave CD's - Spilt Milk! I love Jellyfish too -- have the 'Fan Club' Box Set and everything! Too bad they still aren't around! :( Ah Well, though --- I can't complain -- ENCHANT is still rockin' the house!!!!

Thanks again for 'saving my space' --- you rock!

Cheers!
aww man they played Jellyfish over the PA???..JF rawks..I still need to get the Box set. It is sad they are not around anymore.

Kyle

Soundscape said:
aww man they played Jellyfish over the PA???..JF rawks..I still need to get the Box set. It is sad they are not around anymore.

Kyle
You got that right - they rawwwwwk! :) Hope my off key sing-a-long didn't scare you guys, especially Burke, Kevin, and Kristin! LOL!!!! Kyle, you can snag the box set from cduniverse.com -- last I checked they still had it! Just be prepared for the price tag, LOL!

They go so far beyond 'The King is Half Undressed'!

Cheers!