american shows read

Dark idea

Jul 7, 2003
Quebec
Visit site
Everybody that saw IF in this tour in the states...put the setlist of the show so that we can all compare from one show to another and from headline to notheadline.

Setlist from the Wiltern in Los Angeles show 5/14. By the way, besides big name acts like Iron Maiden and Slayer, this was the biggest and most up-scale venue for a metal show I've been at (which was kind of bad because they wouldn't let people down to the stage pit). Fit around 2,000 I'd say, and both bands kept saying they were shocked how many people were there. Big jump from the Palace. OK anyways here it is, not in complete order but I'm trying.

Pinball Map
System
Episode 666
Embody the Invisible
Cloud Connected
Touch of Red
Like You Better Dead
In Search for I
Trigger
Clayman
Only for the Weak
Behind Space
The Quiet Place
Colony
My Sweet Shadow

OK that looks about right although the middle is probably not in order. And if anyone wants to know, these are the Killswitch songs I remembered, and it's NOT in order... might be off or missing on some:

Numbered Days
Self Revolution
Fixation on the Darkness
My Last Serenade (Closer)
Life to Lifeless
To the Sons of Man
Vide Infra (I'm not sure I think they played this)
And a few off the new album, including A Bid Farewell, Rose of Sharyn, When Darkness Falls, and I think he said the last song on the new album so that'd be Hope is...we probably got a few more, played for about 50 minutes. Guitarist was pretty funny, got a little old after a while but you guys will know what I mean when you see them. Walked in during the last As I Lay Dying song, yeah they are metalcore but they sounded pretty good. OK have fun guys.

Now if we could just get someone that would be so kind as to post the set from the Soma on 5/15, to compare the lists of when IF goes on first and when they go on last. I hope there is no difference, seeing as how it is "co-headline" but I'm sure there will be, and it's just my luck to have a show with Killswitch closing :mad: :mad:

In Flames' guitar tech jumped on stage to help out with a solo during one of the show in L.A. Pretty funny. He slightly resembles Kerry King.

Pinball Map
System
Episode 666
Cloud Connected
Touch of Red
Search 41
Clayman
Only For the Weak
Behind Space (the one dedicated to all the ladies in the house according to Anders)
Trigger
The Quiet Place
Colony
My Sweet Shadow

this was not in flames that was headlining.

Dark idea said:
Pinball Map
System
Episode 666
Cloud Connected
Touch of Red
Search 41
Clayman
Only For the Weak
Behind Space (the one dedicated to all the ladies in the house according to Anders)
Trigger
The Quiet Place
Colony
My Sweet Shadow

this was not in flames that was headlining.

what time did the doors open, and at what time did in flames hit the stage? thanks.

Setlist in Austin, TX (in alphabetical order):

Behind Space (best goddamn song of the night)
Clayman
Cloud Connected
Colony
Embody The Invisible
Episode 666
In Search For I
Like You Better Dead
My Sweet Shadow (closer)
Only For The Weak (made everyone jump, said a DVD was coming out)
Pinball Map (opener)
System
The Quiet Place
Touch Of Red
Trigger

In Flames headlined here and everyone was fucking exhausted after the Killswitch show, but everyone still put out lots of energy for In Flames. I like both bands equally (As I Lay Dying was generic), but In Flames destroyed Killswitch, they put on a much better show and the new songs are heavy as fuck, on par with all the old stuff in my opinion, just missing a few solos is all, overall, a great fuckin night, my neck hurts like a bitch right now.

Ditto on the Austin show. Behind Space was the best. The new stuff was heavy but weaker than the rest IMO. The Backroom sucks ass I hate that place. My neck is to' up too. Busted lip and a few bruises to go along with it. Got a couple of KSE picks, found them on the beer and sweat soaked floor. Howard is the MAN.

Anders said that "Clayman" was about a guy who ate a bunch of burritos or something like that. Um, OK.

Setlist at Orlando show 5/22 - Didn't headline

Pinball Map
System
Episode 666
Cloud Connected
Touch of Red
In Search for I
Clayman
Only For the Weak
Behind Space
Trigger
The Quiet Place
Colony
My Sweet Shadow

In Flames owned! Of course

AILD sucked and KsE was alright..I liked Life to Lifeless

So my guess is if they headline you get that plus Embody and LYBD...if not you lose those 2 songs. Right? Yeah. Fuck. I wanted to heard Embody.....

they played Colony in Philly..i was there..i liked how they split half the set from clayman and before and then there were 2 songs from RtR and the other like 4 songs were of their new one..they love philly haha

they headlined here and opened with Pinball Map

when they played Behind Space Anders was like..we're going to take you back..uhh about 10 years..and did somewhat of a laugh/sigh kind of thing like i dont even know..haha

me and my friend kept yelling Dead Eternity..well you know..for fun because we know they would never play anything like that

damn! Montreal show was soooooo fucking good! I mean they played
Pinball map, System, Embody the invisible, Episode666, Touch of red, Better of dead, Cloud connected, Only for the weak , trigger, clayman, In search for I ,the quiet place, Colony, behind space, gyroscope, my sweet shadow
What a fucking night! They were so fucking tired after the show! They liked us lol!

Cant wait till next time they come.