In Flames Scandinavian Tour 2012

That's basically what Bullet Ride would sound like if it had been on Whoracle... right? I mean, growling is Anders' predominant vocal style on that performance, which hasn't been the case on any recorded song (bar maybe A New Dawn) in a long time...

Seems to me like if you want the old IF sound, all you've got to do is go to a show now (even if they're not necessarily playing a huge amount old IF material, the Growl's being used on all the new stuff too).

This is positive, right? Not the answer to everyone's prayers, but a good development...

Awesome growls throughout the entire song, escpecially the best one around 5:42.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy fuck! Look at this Clayman performance, Anders is fucking amazing lately.

Ok so I've gotten reports that the setlist of the first show was like this:

Embody the Invisible
Bullet Ride
Trigger
Crawling through Knives
The Quiet Place
Where the Dead Ships Dwell
Egonomic
Clayman
Liberation
Cloud Connected
Drifter
System
Fear is the Weakness
Ropes
Only for the Weak
Deliver Us
The mirrors truth
Take this life
My sweet shadow

That's a really good setlist in my opinion. Nothing before Colony but still, lots of great tracks, especially Bullet Ride, one of my favorites. A LOT of fast tracks too. And awesome that they're closing with MSS again.

Wow, are you shittin' me?? Great set-list!! And I agree, MSS closing is just a great grand finale!

Those recent videos... man, Anders has finally realised that deeper growls are easier on his chords than those gargling screams! More Colony and a little pinch of Whoracle... perfection :worship:

Oh, and they are missing the greatest opener ever... The Chosen Pessimist! :Smokedev:

Anders is on a fucking roll lately...1:45-1:55, and then also around 2:47 you have an 100% oldschool Anders death growl.

i don't think its even his "old" style. His vocals back then were very chaotic....not much control over it, ya know like he was just screamin his lungs out. I mean they were great and all, but you could def tell he had no real technique. NOW, the dude is actually GROWLING. It's controlled, it's powerful....sounds amazing

i don't think its even his "old" style. His vocals back then were very chaotic....not much control over it, ya know like he was just screamin his lungs out. I mean they were great and all, but you could def tell he had no real technique. NOW, the dude is actually GROWLING. It's controlled, it's powerful....sounds amazing

Many of these growls does sound like old Anders. But in old I don't mean TJR and before, rather a bit of Whoracle but mostly Colony-ish. But of course it's hard for him to simulate the exact sounds he did back then, and u gotta bear in mind the production on the albums etc, but some of these growls feels like they came straight from the past, in my opinion.

You are correct, he didn't have any technique until around Colony or Clayman I think he said, a good example is his live performance on the 1996 DVD, he sounds like fucking shit.

Anyways, I hope he keeps growling like this a lot live, and can they fucking record a live DVD that they've talked about since 2009? +.+ It's about time..