In Flames March UK tour

emjayhaych

Itching to join the fray
Jul 8, 2002
North-west UK
Visit site
Dates are gradually rolling out for this, and I'm so happy, they're playing Portsmouth! Finally I don't need to make the trek from Bournemouth to London to see In Flames headline....

Dates so far...feel free to add:

London Forum - March 22nd
Birmingham Carling Academy - March 26th
Cardiff Coal Exchange - March 30th
Portsmouth Pyramids - March 31st

Unfortunately support is Sepultura, can't say I like them at all, and kinda strange that they're supporting In Flames....
Also read that In Flames are likely to play at least one track from Lunar Strain during this tour?? I forget where I read it, but I did.... sweet!!
Plus they'll be touring the Come Clarity album, hopefully those new songs will replace some of the STYE cack in the setlist.

In Flames have now announced the full list of shows for their upcoming UK/Irish tour. The dates are:
London Kentish Town Forum - March 22
Manchester Academy -March 23
Glasgow Barrowlands - March 24
Sheffield Corporation -March 25
Birmingham Carling Academy -March 26,
Dublin Ambassador - March 28
Liverpool Carling Academy - March 29
Cardiff Coal Exchange - March 30
Portsmouth Pyramid Centre - March 31

emjayhaych said:
Unfortunately support is Sepultura, can't say I like them at all, and kinda strange that they're supporting In Flames.

In Flames supported Motorhead last year, Sepultura supported Motorhead before that. Apparantly, it was Sepultura who recommended them thus, the two bands know each other in some way or another.

I cannot believe Sepultura are supporting In Flames. This sucks! They are like a billion times more legendary than In Flames. This is almost as bad as when Slayer supported Slipknot! Wtf was up with that?!

Wish I felt the same. This is going to be a big disappointment for me, especially since Igor isnt even playing for Sep. Its the first time Ill be seeing them. Shoulda gone back in the day. In Flames should be cool though. Itll mostly be new for me.

Less than 24 hours to go. Im off to get drunk and drown my sorrows. If anyones going to Glasgow - its gonna be fckn awesome!

I'll make no attempt at the order, but the songs played in Glasgow were:
Behind Space
Moonshield
Episode 666
Colony
Insipid 2000
Pinball Map
Only For The Weak
System
Drifter
Trigger
Cloud Connected
Black & White
The Quiet Place
Touch of Red
My Sweet Shadow
Take This Life
Leeches
Come Clarity
Vacuum (although they cut this short because someone got hurt in front of the stage and they didn't have time to finish the song when they restarted)
Crawl Through Knives

Hope I haven't missed anything.

I made my setlist opinions clear the last time I saw them (when they supported Motorhead in November last year) and all the songs that I find boring as hell live were back in there again last night. But this time - with the exception of the first handful of songs they played - they were redeemed by the fact that the sound was crystal clear. The last couple of times I've seen IF live, the sound has been pretty muddy, and if you can't hear the guitars, you might as well not bother going. But once they had the sound sorted out in the venue, the band sounded terrific.

The new songs sounded pretty good live as well. I reckon that the STYE songs don't come across well live because they're so chord-based and there's very little guitar melody, so the guitar just sounds muddy unless the sound man is especially competent.

Anyway. That was my 5th time seeing the band and it might well have been the best - and considering that they played the same damn songs I mostly complained about the last time, that's quite a compliment.

Yeah almost the same as Birmingham ^. Sound was perfect there too, and great light show. I had a great time