What songs do you want to see In Flames do live?

GREAT THREAD! I'm an In Flames devotee, but they do really need to change up the setlist. The majority of my favorite songs by them never get played. Here's the songs I'd like to hear live that I've never ever heard them play (I've been to about 10 of their shows since 1998, so if they've played any of these live, they haven't played them live in ages):

UPON AN OAKEN THRONE
STAND ABLAZE
DEAD ETERNITY
LORD HYPNOS
DECEMBER FLOWER
THE JESTER RACE
DEAD GOD IN ME
WAYFAERER
GOLIATHS DISARM THEIR DAVIDS
THE HIVE
JESTER SCRIPT TRANSFIGURED
COERCED COEXISTENCE
THE NEW WORD!!!! (No In Flames song gets my adrenaline flowing more than this one)
BRUSH THE DUST AWAY
ANOTHER DAY IN QUICKSAND
REROUTE TO REMAIN
MINUS
FREE FALL
DARK SIGNS

They could make an entire headling concert of all the great songs they don't play live and it would be the best In Flames show of ALL TIME!! I'm sick of hearing this "well, it wouldn't work in a live setting." Bull Fucking Shit!!! Play these Goddamn songs for once!! Please!!!!

Dark One said:
*snip*(I've been to about 10 of their shows since 1998, so if they've played any of these live, they haven't played them live in ages):

STAND ABLAZE

This one I saw live for sure when they toured the U.S. with Moonspell.

Dark One said:

This is definitely a staple ever since Clayman came out. :).

Dark One said:
REROUTE TO REMAIN

This is their new opener, no?

Originally Posted by Dark One
*snip*(I've been to about 10 of their shows since 1998, so if they've played any of these live, they haven't played them live in ages):

STAND ABLAZE

"This one I saw live for sure when they toured the U.S. with Moonspell."

Good for you, I've never seen it live and would love to.

SWIM

"This is definitely a staple ever since Clayman came out. ."

Yeah, I think you're right about that one so I will edit my post and take it off my list. I do love it though. :)

REROUTE TO REMAIN

"This is their new opener, no?"

I have no clue. But that would at least be a start if it is.

Most of what I see is just wishful thinking, except for the people who put "all of Reroute to Remain" - That just fucking sucks that anyone would want that, by the way. :)

Their setlist is always going to stay the same it seems. It will always be something like:

Bullet Ride, System, Trigger, Cloud Connected, Only for the Weak, Episode 666, Pinball Map, Colony, Gyroscope, Behind Space ...

Thats just the way it is. I'm a huge fan of The Jester Race, and I've been wanting to hear songs from that album live for a long time (besides Artifacts, because they have played it recently). I've pretty much realized that December Flower, The Jester Race, Dead Eternity, etc. will probably never be played live again, and if they are, then I'll be incredibly surprised.

According to the boys in white, the old stuff "doesn't sound good live" anymore. Well, here's a tip.. Anders, start singing like you used to. The reason they don't sound right is because Anders screeches and sings clean now. I'll never fully understand why Anders changed his vocal style when it was working fine for him.

Speaking of opners, for anyone who saw them on the Mudvayne tour or European dates, is System still there opener or did they revert back to Bullet Ride, which I thought was a perfect opener.

From Lunar Strain :

• Behind Space (Original, that would be cool :) )
  • Lunar Strain
Subterranean (Mostly everythin on it)

• Stand Ablaze (Remember when they played it in 99, was really great!!)
  • Everdying
The Jester Race (Again...mostly everything on it)

• Dead Eternity
  • The Jester Race
  • December Flower
Black-Ash Inheritence

• Goliaths disarm their davids
Whoracle

• Dialogue with the stars
  • The Hive
  • Jester Script Transfigured
Colony

• Zombie inc.
  • Insipid 2000 (2 songs which again they played in 99...GREAT!)
Clayman

• Square Nothing
  • Swim
  • Suburban Me
Nothing from R2R except "Free Fall" ...good song though!

yeah, I was dissapointed why they played Black and White and not Free Fall. Egonomic and Black and White dont work too well live, since the vocals are (intendly) "bad quality", if you know what i mean.

system is a great opener, i was surprised they didnt open with r2r or something like that. Most of the reroute record sucks live. but a glockenspiel live with Free Fall would be very cool :D

Also, they have played Square Nothing quite a few times. which is good, since its probably my favorite song ever. SO. GOOD.

Im not sure I like Square Nothing played live...I LOVE the song on Clayman, but live it comes out to thin without the multiple guitars, the intro sounds to pretty bad.

Bullet Ride is an amazing opener, it just crashes in with that one note, as if their letting you know In Flames is about to kick your ass hehe.

Yeah, Anders drastically changed his singing technique between Colony and Clayman. On pre-Clayman stuff he growled and since Clayman he's just been doing higher pitched screeching instead, which means he either doesn't want to growl anymore or he can not. So, of the older material only those songs will be played live which can be done well with the new screeching vocal-style and setlists will more and more focus on the post-Colony stuff as the time goes by... :Smug:

I wish to hear Dialogue with the stars and Dead eternity live. 2 bad that they don't play Dead Eternity live anymore. Such a bad-ass song...

And from the songs that they DO play live these days: Episode666, Only for the weak, Square nothing and Clad in Shadows are awesome! :headbang: