Amesoeurs - Ruines Humaines

Wires & Waves

New Metal Member
Feb 4, 2006
This is out now on Northern Silence, for those who don't know it's the new project of Neige of Alcest fame. Kinda makes me think of a tasteful hybrid of indie rock and black metal? There actually seems to be a heavy emo influence too*, but I'd wager that's likely just coincidence. Definitely heavily rock-influenced stuff, but a far cry from the moronic cock-rock/black metal stuff that bands like Satyricon are putting out - this still retains the essence of the black metal spirit. As with Alcest's "Le Secret," Neige again introduces unusual subject matter to black metal, the lyrics dealing with the nature of the modern urban world or some shit.

Anyway I'm making this thread because this EP is really good and you should listen to it if you're a fan of Alcest or maybe stuff like Agalloch, mid-period Katatonia etc.

myspace!

* Generic Spectacular Views the Emo Elitist Footnote: If you find yourself cringing at this, chances are you have no idea what emo is.

I just find it too unacomplished. It doesn't really achieve what it sets out to do. I realize it's only an (quite short) EP, but it feels more like a boring chapter in what should be a rather good book.

Spectacular Views said:
* Generic Spectacular Views the Emo Elitist Footnote: If you find yourself cringing at this, chances are you have no idea what emo is.

I wont bother checking out Amesoeurs because I'm not really a fan of Alcest, but that's a damn good site. Thanks for the link as I've been trying to get into 'tr00' emo, but didn't really know where to look.

Killbot said:
I wont bother checking out Amesoeurs because I'm not really a fan of Alcest, but that's a damn good site. Thanks for the link as I've been trying to get into 'tr00' emo, but didn't really know where to look.

Agreed, I'm reading through it right now.