Bands like Lifelover and Alcest

schecterlh

New Metal Member
Mar 26, 2010
I'm really getting into this black metal meets pop/shoegaze/depressive rock kind of music . The only bands I know are Lifelover, Alcest, Amesoeurs, and whatever else Neige is in . Any recs for bands like this ? :)

They're (Alcest, etc.) really pretty damn unique so I don't think you'll find much, but some ColdWorld tracks sound like Alcest at times.

Jesu incorporate some shoegaze elements in their music

You could just listen to shoegaze if you really want, the best known and highly praised band from the genre is My Bloody Valentine. I'm not sure, but I think they actually created the genre.

^ That, I never listened to Lifelover but the others really aren't drastically different from regular shoegaze, especially when they focus on clean vocals.

I personally cannot stand the vocals of Lifelover, but you may enjoy this:

136010.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgotten Woods basically invented this style back in '96 (edit: '94!) or whenever, I don't know why they don't get more credit. You could also just go to the source and listen to like, Joy Division and Fields of the Nephilim, hell even The Cure I guess. Cocteau Twins, especially the early stuff (e.g. 'Garlands') would probably be your bag too, as an important proto-shoegaze post-punk act.