AMOLAD CD/DVD edition available this Friday/Saturday!

Why not? There is 5 songwriters in the band, and 10 songs on the album, which makes for each songwriter only needing to come up with 2 song ideas, with help from the other guys. I know this is an average and it wouldn't have happened like that, but it does show how many hands make light work when you have such a strong group of professionals together.

So they didn't use any ideas they may have come up with since Dance of Death?

Just trying to say that "writing an album in 3 weeks" doesn't necessarily mean writing EVERYTHING.

I am sure they would have had preconcieved ideas, yes, but they may not have put them to paper until the writing process rolled around. The quote wasn't that they came up with the whole album in 3 weeks, but wrote it in that time. So my guess would be yeah, they had ideas, but hadn't developed them until the time came.

Good album. Not real sure what to make of it so far. Seems more serious or something than anything else they've done.

I'm tipping there's going to be those that don't like the sound though. Much more raw than BNW or DOD.

I'm going in with low expectations, parts of DoD just sounded so dry and dull, and the samples so far have failed to impress me at all :( Prove me wrong!

I got it at JB Castle Hill today. Listening to it now - I'm not a massive fan of Maiden at all, but I'm liking it. Not too different from what I was expecting, although for me it beats BNW and DOD pretty easily (and I haven't even heard the whole thing yet).

hmm, well I picked it up in JB Hornsby, so evidently it seems Sydney and surrounds haven't had any probs getting it in.. Pretty good so far :)

I wouldn't rush out and buy it.

It's still the average tripe they've been churning out since Seventh Son.

If you like that shit though, you'll love this.

I got it at Castle Hill JB as well on Saturday morning.
It's pretty damn cool. 2 listens in and I'd put it above DOD....

There are still some songs that has 1 line in the chorus sung 18 times over though :)

The Legacy is fucking awesome! Massive props to Janick for that one