Amon Amarth - Twilight Of The... Vinyl-question

peterott

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2008
Hey,

new one here and already starting a new topic as the first post... :erk:

Has anyone received the Double-Vinyl-version of the last Amon Amarth release ? Does it also sound...well...strange ?

I have no clue, but it seems to play too slow at 33rpm. The vocals sound too deep and slightly different and also the guitar tone seems stranger. I tried to pitch it faster, but haven't found a speed that really sounds good.

I have a magazine-CD were the sound is totally different on the track "Twilight Of The Thundergod" there.

At least Side A.) seems to be like that. Side B.) is somehow better and the normal 33rpm seem to fit, but that might true now after the ears are used to it tough. Will listen to Side C.) in some minutes ;)

Listened now to Side C.) as well. It sounds again differently to the other two sides. A bit higher, hence it seems faster. Maybe this is the correct speed for the 33rpm on Side C.), I can't decide anymore. Still it sounds strange. And Side A.) is by far the one that I definitly think is too slow.

And the hole in the middle is too big on this second LP. Nice to see the turntable moving the tonearm on each rotation with an highly accurate mechanical precision.

525 bitches
And I'm never playing it.

@OP: if you don't like it I'll happily buy it from you.
And are you certain it's a 33? Just wondering if perhaps it's a 45 and that's your problem.

525 bitches
And I'm never playing it.

@OP: if you don't like it I'll happily buy it from you.
And are you certain it's a 33? Just wondering if perhaps it's a 45 and that's your problem.

no, it's not on 45rpm, I am not stupid you know ;)

It's on 33rpm but needs pitching. Side A.) on the black vinyl needs definitely pitching. But it all sounds strange. Don't know what happened here.

has anyone received a black vinyl version in the meantime and can confirm the strange "bit too slow playing" sound ?

I have the vinyl, but I won't be playing it at any point in the near future. I managed to snag 15/2000 so there's no way it is leaving the plastic case.

I don't think so, I was planning on getting it framed, along with the kick ass poster that came with it when a framing place is having a sale sometime soon (If they use the proper chemical free backing and such).

Anyone that has in the meantime bought the black vinyl version and hears the same "slightly slower play" ?

What the hell is this whole Vinyl craze thing about? And picture disc crap? I havent ever seen either or so..

Why not just buy the normal fucking CD? Show me what's so special about these things!