Amon Amarth @ WOA 2006

Forlornson

I <3 WOOOS!
Jun 23, 2006
Netherlands
www.pathway.nl
Who else was there? I left a hour before start, and I still didnt get to be up front (quite close though).

The show was awesome, just way to short! I'd liked to hear some songs like The Sound Of Eight Hooves, because the tracks played were predictable (almost the same as those on the DVD). Though I liked the new song "Runes To My Memory"
though my friend there though it sucked arse, I loved it! (He only likes Amon Amarth a wee bit)

I was there too. It was great, and I've been about 50m away frm the stage, so I could see everything.

But they should play some additional Songs, they were the last Band on that Day, they had all the time in the world
I also took a Video but I cant find it on my cam... sucks hard...

I hope theyll be on Wacken 2007

So how the fuck was it? Can you compare it to any of their current songs? Was it slow, fast, melodic, what?!

teh show was really great! the special viking show fucking rocked!

i got autographs at the meet&greet, the guys are damn cool

DSCN0154.JPG

DSCN0156.JPG

the new song fucking rocked! i cant remember on everything, but it started with an kick ass riff

I was at WOA too and though I was a little bit far from the stage (in front of the century media stand!) I felt this fucking viking atmosphere! what a great show! I don't remember how sounded Ruins to my memory but I remember I found it very well (epic and blasting).

I was there, it was like a dream come true for me I have been waiting to see this band since I was fucking 14. The only problem is the set was too short.. and they didnt play The Last With Pagan Blood or Thousand Years of Oppression!!

All in all though a fucking amazing show. Maybe some of you noticed me walking about, I was the guy dressed as a Viking - white tunic, brown cloak, horn etc haha \m/

Fucking KRIEG

1. Pursuit of Vikings
2. For the Stabwounds in our Backs
3. An Ancient Sign of coming Storm (Viking fight)
4. Fate of Norns
5. Where Silent Gods Stand Guard (viking guards)
6. Runes to my Memory
7. Releasing Sulturs Fire
8. Victorious March
9. Death in Fire

the new song was awesome. it really reminded me of the older songs of aa. more speed, more brutal, very straight. i think thats also what they said about the new lp: oldschool amon amarth ;)

I was there too, all the way in front... waited maybe 2 hours and 30 min to get in front....

Only thing that really really REALLY sucked was that when Death In Fire started, 10 security guards had to get over the fence from the crowd stance RIGHT where I was standing!
This big bouncer just pushed me and my friends away and was standing in front of us so we couldn't see a god damn thing!

1. The security guys could wait till the song was over!
2. They could go the way around the crowd and not crush their way through us!

So yeah whole Death In Fire was ruined for me, and this was my first time to ever see Amon, I was so pissed when the guard was standing in front of me, I just wanted to go back to my tent.

Kratos said:
I was there too, all the way in front... waited maybe 2 hours and 30 min to get in front....

Only thing that really really REALLY sucked was that when Death In Fire started, 10 security guards had to get over the fence from the crowd stance RIGHT where I was standing!
This big bouncer just pushed me and my friends away and was standing in front of us so we couldn't see a god damn thing!

1. The security guys could wait till the song was over!
2. They could go the way around the crowd and not crush their way through us!

So yeah whole Death In Fire was ruined for me, and this was my first time to ever see Amon, I was so pissed when the guard was standing in front of me, I just wanted to go back to my tent.

I dont get why you would wait that long. I got to the front for all the bands and i didn wait at all. You just have to be vigilante and remember its pretty much everyman for himself.