Amorphis- Silent Waters reviews

I'm a fan of Amorphis from the Karelian Isthmus and Tales days, and I think Silent Waters is the best thing they've done since Elegy. Its been in my CD player in my truck for about two weeks. Honestly, Amorphis sells this year's festival to me more than Iced Earth. Hoo-ray for me.

i love "Tales From The Thousand Lakes”, as also “Tounela”, "My Kantele EP" (has a GREAT Hawkwind cover, 'Levitation' on it)

Sonuvabitch, I'd actually forgotten about that Hawkwind cover. They need to close their show with it. Or cover "Silver Machine" or (wait for it) "Sonic Attack".... :lol:

% in the event of a sonic attack in your district
follow these rules.... %

Many of the reviews mention "Towards and Against" being a rocking track, I definitely agree, one of my faves from the album. A few weeks ago they played an event here called Radio Rock Finlandia which was also shown in national TV here - here is the track "Towards and Against" from the proshot TV footage for anyone interested:

Last edited by a moderator:
Silent Waters is a perfect example of how atmospheric progressive metal with obscure and deathy influences should be done. This album is close to perfection.