Anyone else digging the latest releases from Amorphis?

Dec 16, 2002
www.facebook.com
Their lastest two discs (Eclipse and Silent Waters) have both been big hits for me the past two years or so. Prior to those releases they seemed to be kind of stuck in a mid-period identity crisis ... unable to seperate themselves from the competition.

Now it seems as thought they have found a renewed energy and purpose since the addition of singer Tomi Joutsen. With his addition on vocals Amorphis has been able to go back to implementing some death growls back into their repertoire, and have become very diverse with their mix of death growls, clean passages, folk elements, and always strong sense of melody.

Lets hear it for Amorphis !! I'd sure like to see them get some future consideration for Prog Power. I think they would be a real good fit for the fest.

Britt

I absolutely love Amorphis. Eclipse is one of my favorite cd's but Silent Waters is right behind it and growing on me more and more. Seen 'em live twice and can't wait to for the next time. They need a U.S. tour.

I'd never heard them before until I got the Nuclear Blast All Stars cd's with one of their songs (The Smoke) on the 2nd cd. I really like the song and have been checking them out on myspace.

I LOVE Eclipse (thanks, MTC) but haven't heard any of their other discs. I'll get Silent Waters, ASAP thanks to this thread! Also would love to see them live some day......!!!!

Yeah, Amorphis are great, but they lost the ball for a few years around Far From The Sun.
But, on the last two CDs they definitely showed that it was only a sidestep. Eclipse and Silent Waters are something to experience, nohing less. Just take your time and enjoy!

1000 Lakes is my favorite Amorphis CD, followed closely by Elegy, and I really liked Eclipse. Where are you guys finding Silent Waters? I didn't think it was out yet.

1000 Lakes is my favorite Amorphis CD, followed closely by Elegy, and I really liked Eclipse. Where are you guys finding Silent Waters? I didn't think it was out yet.
Comes out Aug. 31, but the promos are out now. Don't know how everyone else got it, but we're listening to it at work. There are clips on their website, though and at least one full-length song.