Amp Advice

Ian Descent

New Metal Member
Sep 20, 2006
Hi there everyone,

At the moment i own a Randall X2 Warhead, altho with a cheapish Randall cab with Jaguar speakers. Im not at all happy with the tone im getting from it, as soon as i get past something that sounds really scopped and muddy the mids become really spikey and intrusive. This is really starting to bug me, is it worth me upgrading to a Randall XL cab or just jacking this solid state malarky in and buying a Peavey XXX?

My guitar is an ESP MH400 with EMG 81's and i play quite varied metal (i need a good clean as well as an good distortion) and am not all about the mega scooped sound, im after a smooth and creamy distortion that can really cut through.

Ta

For varied tones I would divert your attention to the Peavey JSX. I own one myself, and it's alot more versatile over the XXX, though partly because it has a bit less gain on the ultra channel and quite a bit less on the Crunch channel. This to me was a good thing though as I found the XXX way too over gained and fizzy becuase of it.

Nebulous said:
For varied tones I would divert your attention to the Peavey JSX. I own one myself, and it's alot more versatile over the XXX, though partly because it has a bit less gain on the ultra channel and quite a bit less on the Crunch channel. This to me was a good thing though as I found the XXX way too over gained and fizzy becuase of it.

My friend has a XXX and it sounds awsome, but im sure the Joe Satriani Head would be better...well Peavey is a great brand anyways