Amp for me.

Gaspard

Aug 1, 2007
Paris, FRANCE
I play metal (Lamb of god, killswitch engage, strapping young lad) and rock (white stripes, guns 'n' roses, etc...)
I need an amp that could serve both my musical tastes, knowing i own an ibanez ts-808 reissue and a bos noise gate.

I was thinking of a laney gh100L.

What amp would you recomend me ? I have about 1000 euros to spend (just the head, not the cab)

thank you very very much

Yeah, any Peavey (5150/6505, XXX, or JSX) on ebay is pretty much the ultimate bang for the buck.

At least I´d try the 6505+ in case you want a nice clean-sound (which the single-eq 6505 doesn´t provide).
I never tried to get a rock-tone off it, so I can´t give advice on that one.

Any Peavey amp should be able to give you Metal to Rock. Its a matter of Gain and tone adjustment.

I have seen anything from Death Metal to Country use the 5150 so I am sure the 6505+ or Triple XXX would do the same.

can the 6505/5150 give me a rock tone ?

Steve Morse all the way, baby - just put it on green and roll down the gain. And anyway, when I think of rock, a lot of the bands that come to mind actually use super hi-gain stuff anyway (like Nickelback and Creed/Alterbridge, both of whom are Mesa Rectifier loyalists).

I'd say go for a peavey too. I own the Laney GH50L and its not going to give you a metal tone like those bands, its a nice rock amp though.

I have tried many mesas, at loud volumes and i don't like any of them, exept the lonestare head. When i mean rock tone, i mean something like guns and roses eddie van halen, something i can get a crunch tone of with lowering volume.
For metal i never used a lot of distortion (think lamb of god), how is the peavey JSX ?

well considering the 5150/6505 is eddie van halens signature model....^^^

haha beat me to it

i know, i know lol but more metal people started using it than rock people lol
it's like the les paul, it was created for jazz so that it had "no sustain" hahahaha

hah ok i think i'll get a 5150, not a +, i never use clean sounds :headbang: :headbang:

and if i do, ill just A/B into my pod xt pro-->P.A

5150 is probably the best all around amp. It can do cleans if you need them...just not the sparkling fender clean.

i know, i know lol but more metal people started using it than rock people lol
it's like the les paul, it was created for jazz so that it had "no sustain" hahahaha

hah ok i think i'll get a 5150, not a +, i never use clean sounds :headbang: :headbang:

and if i do, ill just A/B into my pod xt pro-->P.A

If you do need a clean, grab a XXX.... Pretty nice sounding clean when you and a slight amount of delay, reverb, flanger/phaser or whatever you use on your cleans...

Mine is for sale BTW......

edit- nevermind, you are in france.