Amp head near monitors

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Hi
Some day ago I reorganized my room for a better placement.
Now I have a firepod, a pair of yamaha hs50 and a 19" wide screen.
My Engl head is parked behind the desk and I wanna move it on a new place,more comfortable..."near" my right monitor.
My question is: does an amp head create magnetic wounds (when it's turned on and without a cab plugged) that trouble the monitors?
Thank you

You will have more problems if you plug the head and your system into the same power strip/wall.

don't worry about what you mentioned unless you really notice something odd...

and... don't power up your amp without a load (cab) unless you leave it in stand by. It can damage the amp and blow the output transformer.

take care:Smokin:

Don't worry, I have a dummy load
So is it better to plug the amp into another strip/wall?

Yes. Each load you had to a strip will affect the power quality. The thing is... does it affect in terms of sound quality? Yes... Can your ears notice it? Its up to you to find out.

The best thing is having a power regulator with isolated outs but these are a little expensive...

But don't worry too much unless something's wrong like little excessive noise.

And besides that, it doesn't do you any good connecting to another strip in your room, because normally all the strips are derived from a main one that feeds your room/rooms.

Hope I explained it well...

In some specific situations there are different power circuits to avoid interference/harmonic charges adding up:

1 power circuit to general use (lightning, etc)

another isolated circuit to specific use (audio gear, etc)

Since normal domestic/house circuits don't have this configuration there's not much you can do unless you get a power regulator.

don't be so anal about it unless you have really some issues.

take care:Smokin: