Amp troubles.

ShadowOfDeath

Warrior of Black Metal
Sep 20, 2003
New Hampshire
firec0re.net
Today and Yesturday my amp hasn't been working properly. Sometimes it works fine, other times i get a bunch of noises like the speaker is blowing out. When i'm not playing the amp has a lot of noise, even if I turn the volume to zero I can hear it perfectly across the room. I'm not sure if it's my cords or my amp. My cords have made it sound like shit before.

Anybody know what could be the possible problem with my amp? It's getting pretty annoying trying to play and have the amp sound like crap. :erk:

Check the output section on your amp. If the cable had gone bad, more than likely you would not get any sound out of the speakers.

The frantic said:
Did you blow a speaker or something? Sounds like something inside the amp. Don't think it's the cables, but it's not easy to hear.

It's possible. I've been curious about that for months, but didn't bother looking at it because the amp produced decent sound for what I use it for. There is a slight hissing sound whenever I play. I'm not very good on the tech aspect of music and equipment so i'm not sure if that always happens or if my amp really has blown out a speaker. Neither would suprise me though, the amp was shit when I got it (I bought it used, sounds decent because I only use it to practice and record on my computer).