an idea to rid the tour of Devildriver

well..i think you guys need to stop whining...at least Opeth is coming back to the states! im willing to sit through that agonizing set for Opeth...i mean thats the reason id go! of course i couldnt get my spot back once i left so ill have to remain but so what! if its a short set, who cares right?

NicodemiX said:
If there's going to be you, me, Mikey and 20 of your closest friends there, I'm sure we'll be able to make an impact. By tradition, Mikey will punch the bass player in the head.
Well, they aren't exactly my closest friends, but they are friends, anyway ;)

We can also do something...we can go out and smoke some joint while the DevilCrapper are playing, and we don't have to worry about our spots since there is so many of us and we can push our way back into the spot we were at.

And I love the idea of Mikey punching the bass player. Actually, forget the booing! Mikey will punch the bassist on the first two shows of the tour, and they're gonna be pretty retarded if they continue the tour.

well i agree with the things said by mr.niel and a few other people with the same messages
but just so you guys know, according to blabbermouth (i think it was blabbermouth that i read it on) moonspell and devildriver will be rotating the opening spot, so they'll probably have the same length set

Well, I would have booed them too but someone said just to walk away which seemed like a stronger statement for sure. While it is all for Opeth ultimately I think we can still say something about the metal fans in america and show that numetal is not welcome at real metalshows. I don't think I should be paying this much attention to all this but there are some character issues involved. Are you the kinda person to say, "Ah, screw it! Its for Opeth!" or "A much better band could be getting exposure on this already excellent tour!!". Just depends on what you think is a good thing for metal in general. I float in between I'd say because I think the scene is already lost in America.

I rarely watch opening acts, but sometimes they surprise you. Nashville Pussy (think AC/DC meets Lynard Skynard) opened up for Black Label Society this year, and the whole fucking crowd got into them. Will Devil Driver do the same...?

I rarely boo even the shittiest of opening acts, I usually talk to friends and have a beer or two during that interval...as one poster pointed out, widespread booing didn't get Tapping The Vein off the tour, so it would probably be futile anyway.

It seems to me that it would be extremely hard to kick DD off of the tour, since I'm pretty sure that everyone involved with that band would have to be compensated for the whole tour. Then you'd have to compensate the new band. I don't think there's enough money in this tour to bring in a new act.

Opeth Are Shit Anyway, Too Much Dribble In The Music, Get On With It, What A Terrible Name Too, 'opeth'?? Fuckin Hell, What Are They Trying To Achieve With All This Confusing Pompous Over The Top Nonsense, Yeah They Can Play Their Instruments But That Doesnt Mean They Can Write A Decent Song, 'that Will Standthe Test Of Time'. Listen To Opeth 10 Years From Now And Ask Yourselves, Was I Into That? Kids Do Grow Up Eventually And Discover Great Music. Ive Heard All This Shit Before, And Yes Less Is More. Opeth? You Make Us Laugh

Reactions: ggggggu
unforgiven said:
so this worked when Megadeth toured w/ Endo back in 2001. Every night of the show, the real metal fans boo'ed Endo. after a week or two, Endo dropped off the tour and was replaced by Iced Earth. If Opeth is powerless to get rid of this band, we may have the ability.

SO, WE NEED TO TAKE ACTION AND GET THIS NU-METAL CRAP OFF THE TOUR. WE NEED TO MAKE THIS TOUR ABSOLUTE HELL FOR DEVILDRIVER. IF WE CAN PISS DEVILDRIVER OFF ENOUGH THAT THEY WILLINGLY TAKE THEMSELVES OFF THE TOUR, PERHAPS A BETTER BAND, MAYBE KATAKLYSM, CAN JUMP ON.

just an idea, but who is with me??

well, i had to see symphony x with the devin townsend band. they sucked horribly, but symphony x was still worth it. i say it's no big deal if a crappy band plays, as long as you see the one you want to. hell, i saw as i lay dying not too long ago, and they played with soilwork and chimaira(whom i don't like) but as i lay dying was still amazing even though the set was short. i think everyone should stop complaining.

I was watching Headbangers Ball for a brief second, and the singer was saying, "I could care less." And that mistake drives me crazy (should obviously be "I couldn't care less"), so I wanted to see what band of idiots I was listening to.

Devildriver. :ill: Oh hell.