An open letter to Bodom

@Delanoir: great letter, it's nice that you posted it even though you probably knew what responses you are going to get...

This is probably only band message board I have ever been where appreciating the band is considerer stupid and gay. Grow up kids...

Don't twist things.

The letter seems to me written by a slave (in love) without criticism. Simply CoB isn't playing the music i like anymore, and not just this. The new stuff, compared to the old ones is simpler, easier to listen (compare the structure, the riffs...), for emo fanboys.
You can like the new stuff better than the old, but don't say it is better music, an improvement in the band: to me it's an involution.

I think that Alexi isn't getting better in live and songwriting. If i check the live in Seoul and the Stockholm i feel the first is better the 2nd is cold.

^Sorry I removed my post from the between. Live Alexi is definitely worse these days. He's more experienced, charismatic but the passages suck and sometimes you feel it's not the end of the world if he screw's a part in a song.

I'd say it's a shame Alexi didn't have the experience in songwriting and the band the experience in production those days ('97 - '01) to make that stuff more quality. But I guess the inexperience partly resulted in the old material being special.

I agree with the whole Bodom changed thing, as Bodom have been my favourite band since 2002 when I started listening to them, but what I dont understand is why you all group HCDR with AYDY and BD. IMO HCDR was the last "real" Bodom album, yes it was harder/heavier than FTR/HB but It still had the good old Bodom sound to it, where as AYDY and BD just seem like any other Metal band's style with a bit of Bodom mixed in. (Dont get me wrong I love them and they are better than all the other shizz out there) but HCDR is definetally leagues ahead of AYDY and BD .

/rant :)

Too fucking right, every album I pray for another KTS.
and I die a little inside :p [/QUOTE]

I still love bodom,cause they are THEEE Band,but i cant help but see alexi being much more comfortable and attached to his RR compared to his ESPs,maybe thats having an effect :)

but all in all i feel a sad side that the "old bodom' is gone yet i always get a burst of cold down my back when i listen to bodom for someod reason,its likei can and have listened to tonnes of bands on my ipod then maybe after a few hours a bodom song comes on be it BD,or FTR i get that uplifted snese of happiness and that tingle down my back haha strange XDD

I actually havent listened to anything else than Bodom on my ipod since I got to know them, I dunno, a cpl of years back since I heard 24/7 on ChronixRadio. Got 520+ songs on my ipod, but its always Bodom that hammers away on there. Playing them overnovernover n over and over again made me find the extremely small notes, riffs and details in their songs which make them grow stronger n stronger and getting even more interesting in my mind, so cant help playing them again and again letting other music aside. Each album had to grow on me. First thought ( actually for every song i got introduced with ) has always been " naaah, not as good as 24/7", but every album and song has grown on me and every song and album shows to me that these guys are fcking fantastic. Latest album BD was the same. " omg wtf is this??, too confusing for me", but now I love the album and every song on it. Theres still some oldschool Bodom init imo.

lol omg this turned out to be another fanboy letter I guess lol Well I am :headbang:
Well, read it n weap muvafckaaas ! lol

:kickass:

@Delanoir: great letter, it's nice that you posted it even though you probably knew what responses you are going to get...

This is probably only band message board I have ever been where appreciating the band is considerer stupid and gay. Grow up kids...

+more than what my keyboard can write.

Don't twist things.

She's not. In this board no one can say that AYDY or BD are as cool as FTR or HB without a massive response telling him/her how wrong he/she is and how much Alexi's skills have decreased and how bad they are compared to the old years.

The letter seems to me written by a slave (in love) without criticism. Simply CoB isn't playing the music i like anymore, and not just this. The new stuff, compared to the old ones is simpler, easier to listen (compare the structure, the riffs...), for emo fanboys.
You can like the new stuff better than the old, but don't say it is better music, an improvement in the band: to me it's an involution.

...and that gives me the right to say that their new stuff is worse, not different, just plainly worse than the stuff they used to do, and to call it worse music. Great dude, you're the king!!!

What the hell is wrong with you people? It's ok if you don't like it, but PLEASE PLEASE tell me what the fuck makes f.e. Children Of Decadence better than Thrashed Lost and Strungout or Northern Comfort better than Banned From Heaven or Touch Like An Angel Of Death better than Hate Crew Deathroll? Them being OMGNEOCLASSICALOLDBODOMROCKSNEWSUCKS? Because that is called tastes and opinion, not WORSE and BETTER. Tell me what makes new Bodom be musically worse than old Bodom, and tell me about it without squeezing your personal taste in there.

Blooddrunk is my favorite album, followed by Hatebreeder, then by Hate Crew Deathroll, Something Wild, Are You Dead Yet and Follow The Reaper.

SO FUCK YAW!

Great letter to show your respect for genious/extremely deticated musicians. and pffff my favorite bodom album is every song ever composed by them. They all have their own unique punch to them that can never be matched. :kickass::headbang::kickass:

Great letter to show your respect for genious/extremely deticated musicians. and pffff my favorite bodom album is every song ever composed by them. They all have their own unique punch to them that can never be matched. :kickass::headbang::kickass:
Yeah that's what i like, i get to listen to different styles of metal with the same band. For example if i am not in the mood for neo-classical i have HCDR and Bloodrunk etc. but if i am in thhe mood for neo-classical i have SW and Hatebreeder. And then FTR for awesomeness