AnaCrusis

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
Someone told me to Pick up Anacrusis-Manic Impressions I cant for the life of me remember who But I just Got it And Damn Its A great Fukin Record WAY better than Screams And Whispers.......Any way Anybody else got this one If so Whats your opinion? I like it It sounds very good And was Way Ahead of its time

I have both those albums and i must say that i agree with you, Manic is much better than Screams, however Screams has ny favourite Anacrusis song of all time (Sound the Alarm). I think i like the production better on Screams too but Manic is more consistent, better songs. Anacrusis are a very underatted band and its a tragedy more people aren`t aware of them. They`re very ahead of their time and i place them up their with Atheist and Cynic as peers in that regard.

Yeah, Anacrusis totally fucking rule. I bought Reason when it came out and have been hooked ever since. Manic Impressions is my favorite album of theirs, but they're all great.

Nardi needs to start playing some metal again...

bloodfiredeath said:
Nardi needs to start playing some metal again...

Indeed he sure as hell should be playing some metal again. Come on Ken WTF are you waiting for!!! :yell: :yell: :yell: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

I just got this CD about two days ago, via Ebay. And man, AM I BLOWN AWAY!!!!! This is top quality metal, right here. I mean they've put two styles together that really are opposite of each other and made it work, thus giving birth to Progressive Thrash. I love it, 15 out of 10!

diabolical vengeance said:
I have both those albums and i must say that i agree with you, Manic is much better than Screams, however Screams has ny favourite Anacrusis song of all time (Sound the Alarm). I think i like the production better on Screams too but Manic is more consistent, better songs. Anacrusis are a very underatted band and its a tragedy more people aren`t aware of them. They`re very ahead of their time and i place them up their with Atheist and Cynic as peers in that regard.

Yes dude you are right on the money "SOUND THE ALARM" is fukin great I love that song I used to have the Vid for it YEARS ago It is their best song But manic impression What a album Very very consistant They are one of the best underrated bands of all time

Now there's the truth if I ever read it :headbang:

I now and then think of a of a one time reunion. Anyone has an idea why this clould be [im]possible? I would love to see them back in action again.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a Anacrusis reunion web page. I don't have the skills, but it could be the meeting place for Anacrusis fans to meet and see if we get enough traffic to ask the members about a reunion.

Well, it's just a crazy idea. What do you think?

Anacrusis reuniting would be great!! They should go out with a better bang, then the events that caused the break up.

I think Anacrusis have an official site that I remember seeing a couple of times. But, I don't remember the link off the top of my head.

TheShadowfiend said:
Anacrusis reuniting would be great!! They should go out with a better bang, then the events that caused the break up.

I think Anacrusis have an official site that I remember seeing a couple of times. But, I don't remember the link off the top of my head.

http://apogee.whack.org/~ken/

This is the official site. The point of the "reunion site" would be to get them motivated. That is not the purpose of the official site.

Hawk said:
Now there's the truth if I ever read it :headbang:

I now and then think of a of a one time reunion. Anyone has an idea why this clould be [im]possible? I would love to see them back in action again.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a Anacrusis reunion web page. I don't have the skills, but it could be the meeting place for Anacrusis fans to meet and see if we get enough traffic to ask the members about a reunion.

Well, it's just a crazy idea. What do you think?

Thats A Great Idea man I really like

A long time ago I found them in a bargain bin because there was a hole punched in the jewel case spine. That album was Manic Impressions and I bought Screams and Whispers soon after. I really dug them but Screams was pillaged from my then unorganized collection. Thanks for putting up this thread as I had almost forgotten about them. I broke them out and their stuff still stands up today, even to the newer stuff from other bands. They were indeed ahead of their time! Now to get the rest of their stuff back...

Psychonaut said:
A long time ago I found them in a bargain bin because there was a hole punched in the jewel case spine. That album was Manic Impressions and I bought Screams and Whispers soon after. I really dug them but Screams was pillaged from my then unorganized collection. Thanks for putting up this thread as I had almost forgotten about them. I broke them out and their stuff still stands up today, even to the newer stuff from other bands. They were indeed ahead of their time! Now to get the rest of their stuff back...

I am happy that you have rediscoverd this band they are really great they really were doing what the kids are doing today 13 years ago and thats cool

Psychonaut said:

This is what I wrote on June the 5th:

Anacrusis RULE!! I have been a fan since the first album. I have all their albums on vinyl and cd.

The beauty of it is; so can you! You can download all their albums from the official Anacrusis page.

Go here:

http://apogee.whack.org/~ken/anac..._Albums_MP3.htm

That means that you can download all their albums and much more [demo's, live song's] from their official webpage. So for those that don't know or have all their albums and demo's go there NOW!