anaheim show tonight

Tomasz and other senior members of this forum will agree with me that Pursuit should not be the last song played. IMO it's overplayed just like death in fire. Yes Death in Fire is awesome but to make room for songs they have never played those are just 2 that can defenitely go. Totally shocked how Live for the Kill and Embrace is left off. Maybe they'll be switchin it up but normally when they have a setlist set they stick with it. And once again no fuckin Across the Rainbow Bridge! Olavi said more then likely theyd go with that one next time they come but instead it's one they have played many times before Where Slient Gods Stand Guard. great fuckin song but i like many others have dyin for Across. FUCKING NICE THAT THEY ARE DOIN NORTH SEA STORM. But that's really all im happy about. Very weak setlist. Pursuit may have made their name here in america but seriously you teeny bopper fans (only some) that feel this song is better then sliced bread need to get over it. The only great thing about it is the middle, the chorus is very POPPY. The lyrics are great but that chorus was just so unthem. THE FACT THIS SONG HAS TAKIN PLACE OF VICTORIOUS MARCH AS A ENDER IS APPALLING! Victorious March is a superior song. there is no debating it. I really hope they plan to switch things up. cause 3 shows does not lookin like it's gonna happen with this. I mean come on they took out 1000 years.

just make sure, im not sayin Pursuit is a really bad song and that I hate it. Im just sayin i've seen it b4 many times and it's subpar compared to other great songs they've written and again really should not be LAST. Pursuit, Asator, and Where is your god should go. Live for the Kill, Across the Rainbow Bridge, and Embrace should be added on. My gf is happy they are doin tattered banners, i fuckin owe her a dollar now. If they change it to Embrace or end up doin both it's a wash. lol

I agree with a lot of your points, but you really can't judge this setlist unless you see them live. I think Asator is their worst song (I've heard every single song they've released, and some they haven't) but it was better with a crowd.

I guess your right, I mean i have seen them live before many times and believe me seein Pursuit the first time was FUCKIN AMAZING. But then after the 4th and 5th and 6th time. it just was like fehh. I think i dislike pursuit and asator cause of how much of "fanboy" songs they have become. Some people think Pursuit and Asator are Amon's best songs ever, and they most certainly are not. Every song of TOTTG pwns Pursuit and Asator. I was really hopin id get Across the Rainbow Bridge. Im certainly gonna ask Olavi again why not. if they dont change the setlist for Philly, and NYC, VA is a crap shoot cause i dont know it i wanna travel 4-5 to see this same setlist for a 3rd time. We will see what happens when Absence and Belphegor join on.

I guess your right, I mean i have seen them live before many times and believe me seein Pursuit the first time was FUCKIN AMAZING. But then after the 4th and 5th and 6th time. it just was like fehh. I think i dislike pursuit and asator cause of how much of "fanboy" songs they have become. Some people think Pursuit and Asator are Amon's best songs ever, and they most certainly are not. Every song of TOTTG pwns Pursuit and Asator. I was really hopin id get Across the Rainbow Bridge. Im certainly gonna ask Olavi again why not. if they dont change the setlist for Philly, and NYC, VA is a crap shoot cause i dont know it i wanna travel 4-5 to see this same setlist for a 3rd time. We will see what happens when Absence and Belphegor join on.

Well the first time I've seen them live was last night, but I was standing on my stool for almost all of Pursuit singing along with Johan and the rest of the crowd. I don't like listening to Pursuit of Vikings, but I think the live experience made it a lot better.

When i saw AA at Metaltown (Gothenburg) they played Across The Rainbow Bridge, and my god......it truly was epic. I was expecting the same old setlist (not that that would dissapoint me) but when he said Across....i fucking creamed my pants

let's wait and see what the set list is like when all 4 bands are playing and the guys settle in with the songs they never played live before as it has a lot to do with the feedback they get from the live audience.
Yes I would prefer to have song such as Across the Rainbow Bridge or 1000 Years of Opression (Victorious March really ;)) instead of overplayed Persuit of Vikings. Unfortunatelly that is the song that is the most popular one with the masses=common denominator=draw own conclussion. Let's not lose our hope up though, if you keep on asking the band for a certain song they will eventaully give in ;). We have to be persistant though and need to decide which song and stick to that one. Kind of like what happened with 1000 Years of Opression which they thought was not a good live song for American audience until last tour when they finally started playing it on every date after testing it the year before during couple of shows. Anyway, whatever they play, except for PoV which I cannot stand, never could :) I'll be banging like a mad man.

Yeah we will see. Havin extra bands this time may mean they have to change some songs to the shorter ones. Across the Rainbow Bridge is a minute shorter then Where Silent Gods Stand Guard. but whatever they play i will be happy with. PoV i will get into durin the middle. againt its the only good part of the song. lol well not according to you Tomasz. all of the song is bad. i really think it could of been a better song if that chorus wasn't so poppy. You planning on comin up to PHI, NYC, VA tomasz? Be a honor to finally meet you brother.

I wish Anaheim was closer to Atlanta :(

And that Ensiferum setlist, while short, kicks ass!

Windrider and Hero in a Dream....they better play those 2 next time they tour the US

just make sure, im not sayin Pursuit is a really bad song and that I hate it. Im just sayin i've seen it b4 many times and it's subpar compared to other great songs they've written and again really should not be LAST. Pursuit, Asator, and Where is your god should go. Live for the Kill, Across the Rainbow Bridge, and Embrace should be added on.

It's interesting to me that different fans like different groups of songs. Though I would love to hear Across the Rainbow Bridge done live, I would also definitely prefer Pursuit, Asator, and Where Is Your God to Live for the Kill and especially Embrace of the Endless Ocean which along with Under a Northern Star is among my least favourite songs from them. (Let the spears fly at those fighting words...)

If we get a shorter set list in Vancouver (very likely) and they cut songs from the Anaheim set list, the ones I would miss least are Amon Amarth, Cry of the Black Birds,and Where Silent Gods Stand Guard.

Of course, there are others I'd trade for say, The Last With Pagan Blood or Down the Slopes of Death. Nor would I object in the least if they dropped Tattered Banners in favour of No Fear for the Setting Sun.

Screw it, they should just play every song they've recorded. Only then would we all be happy :kickass:

I love the setlist for this tour... they will come to europe next year for headlining, gonna see them when they will be nearer them 200 km. I went to hamburg for Amon and to berlin for Metallica, whats next... cant wait to find out... fuckin hell....

unfortunatelly can't make it to any school day dates ;), will be at Worcester though, I'm sure we run across some day

Oh man that sucks brother, oh well ill be sure to have a drink and rock out hard for ya at all 3 (even though the setlist is not what i really want but its AA so fuck it) Hopefully maybe in the late spring or summer 09 they come back one more time for this album. (And do a tour for their OLD SCHOOL FANS! with an OLD SCHOOL SETLIST) maybe then we will bump into one another.