Anaheim

SpiderDan13

Oct 28, 2004
Another great gig last night, in Anaheim. Highlight (other than actually HEARING Deathrider) was realizing that Frankie Bello was in the house watching the gig. He was dead center in the VIP balcony, rocking out and singing along with all the songs... especially Only. Vera is one helluva bass player... but I do wish that Frankie finds his way back home after Helmet.

Setlist:

NFL
Caught in a Mosh
Safe Home
Antisocial
Keep It In the Family
What Doesn't Die
Deathrider
Only
Indians

Keep It In The Family is my new favorite live song. It just destroys. Great show as always. I stayed out of the pit to let my bruises heal from the Megadeth show on Monday but there was some moshing going on. Joey is a damn good bass player and if Frankie decides not to rejoin the group I hope Joey sticks around. Dio still sounds incredible. They even went over curfew by a few minutes, and I'm sure the Disney Gestapo weren't thrilled with that. Fireball Ministry was pretty good as well. It's too bad they played a cramped venue like HOB/Anaheim, though. They oversell the place and it was uncomfortable for a time during the beginning of Dio's set.

Rich

I didn't see Frankie but John mentioned he was there. Maybe Scott mentioned it. I don't remember. He did not play any songs with them.

Rich

Like I said, he was sitting in the VIP balcony, dead center, and rocked out the whole time. He did not go onstage to jam.