• Who the F**k are A.C?

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
A lot of folks thought that Anal Cunt pushed the joke a little too far with the last album, and now it seems Earache are refusing to have anything to do with the new album at all, what with tracks like "I went back in time so I could vote for Hitler".

What do you guys think? Even though they're obviously trying to get a rise out of folks, have they over-stepped the mark?

What is your comedy limit? When do you stop laughing and start getting offended?

I reckon they should carry on doing what they're doing. Not allowing them to fo it is censorship. People have a choice whether they listen to AC or not at the moment - by not releasing any more AC stuff, Earache is effectively removing that choice. If you're offended by it, don't listen to it. But you're missing out on such classics as 'I sold your dog to a chinese restaurant'. :)

Censorship - BAD!

Anal Cunt should keep on pushing the proverbial envelope so long as it floats their equally proverbial boat to do so. I'm not a fan of the music, but I like the notion that people exist in various ways and places to fly directly in the face of political correctness. As for the notion of getting offended - I tend to be offended by people who believe what they say... it's quite obvious Anal Cunt are simply trying to milk it (I mean, the name of the band is "Anal Cunt"). And in that regard... I do enjoy the song titles.

Such as:
"FORE PLAY WITH A TREE SHREDDER"
"I BECAME A COUNSELOR SO I COULD TELL RAPE VICTIMS THEY ASKED FOR IT"
"I GOT AN OFFICE JOB FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF SEXUALLY HARASSING WOMEN"

...etc. Actually (reading over the song titles now), the first two records were actually somewhat witty in their satire of metal, i.e:
"I'M NOT ALLOWED TO LIKE A.C. ANY MORE SINCE THEY SIGNED TO EARACHE"
"ABOMINATION OF UNNECESSARILY ARGUMENTED COMPOSITION MONICKERS"
"SONG TITLES ARE FUCKING STUPID"

I saw'em at the Loud Az F*ck fest in NYC...the place was almost empty until they were about to go on, then all of the sudden it got packed...so obviously some ppl still like'em. They did a great show.

I seldom agree with censorship. There is that slight issue regarding the two knobs on your entertainment device...

It is a pretty good assumption that if they piss enough people off, and record sales are seriously jeopardized, then they will make their own fate.