Anathema support bands

it seems that there isnt a support band for anathema in belgium. i asked in an email to be sure. so im waiting for their answer...

I saw Anathema at the Milwaukee Metalfest in 2000 (unfortunately that was the only time I saw them). They played in this room that had red plush seats. The opening band was Rain Fell Within-an American goth/metal band with excellent female vocals.

hey dragonlady, i was there too... tiamat, anathema and tristania. well, you saw them in austria i think, i saw them in milan. anyway, one of the best shows ever for me!

DragonLady1 said:
but till now they played gaia at every gig I saw them (wich was 3 times as far as I remember well)... so maybe they will still play it *hoping*
do you reckon they've lost their interest in that song as well as Anathema has in playing like A Dying Wish? Dunno how many times they played it, but it's to imagine really...

Bastet said:
i saw them with tristania and tiamat in ghent. after anathema's set lots of ppl were leaving the venue tho.....:D

yeah the crowd went insane that gig! really weird atmosphere... my first anathema gig btw :cool: i was a top groupie those days! in the front row singing along, staring into vinnies eyes. my my haha.

siderea said:
yeah the crowd went insane that gig! really weird atmosphere... my first anathema gig btw :cool: i was a top groupie those days! in the front row singing along, staring into vinnies eyes. my my haha.

hehe, I was also in the front row singing on that gig!!! and it was also my first anathema gig ;) it was greaaat!!! :hotjump: :worship:

toolsofthetrade said:
do you reckon they've lost their interest in that song as well as Anathema has in playing like A Dying Wish? Dunno how many times they played it, but it's to imagine really...
they still played it last year flawlessly. I wasn't really expecting a nice setlist but they focused on the "a deeper kind of slumber" and "skeleton skeletron" albums which was nice. Only "Gaia" and "The Ar" from widhoney. "The Ar" sounded kinda weird.

Eos said:
The band Anathema had as the opening act the last time at the Z7 was really bad and the ones in Lyon were just horrible. I mean there were even some bandmembers (from Anathema ;) ) who had to laugh when those guys started to play *gg*. Hope it'll be a bit better this year :) ..

I was at the show in Lyon too (A fine day to exit tour). The opening act was Kemet (don't remember if there was another band), a dark metal band from Lyon.
And yes, they aren't so good ;)
But I haven't seen Anathema's member laughing :erk: