And Justice For Bass....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Officer Nice

Masshole
Oct 7, 2002
and justice for bass
i figured you kids would find this interesting: [url]http://www.hagmanation.nu/ajfj/jason.html[/url]
and justice for all with bass. sounds good, no?

I found this posted on the Steve D. Board the other day.
It was posted by The Alumnus.
I hope I'm not thread jacking or anything....
I figgered folks who don't check out that board would like to see it.....

Officer Nice

its an interesting interpetation.....

it made me think though.... like I liked the remix of the new Nevermore done by the guy from their board (the official one is horrid IMHO), but the thought that someone is out there remixing people's albums on the net (esp. the minute they're released) is.....

I still like AJFA , I'll never forget how awesome it sounded the first time I heard the intro to Blackend , man it seems like so long ago that Metallica was great. At least on cd.

hiddenlegions said:
I still like AJFA , I'll never forget how awesome it sounded the first time I heard the intro to Blackend , man it seems like so long ago that Metallica was great. At least on cd.

so true HL, AJFA is still to this day my favorite metallica album, but with all the shit, its hard to be a fan, though they still can thrash live...it still doesnt make up for the "albums" theyve been putting out

it made me think though.... like I liked the remix of the new Nevermore done by the guy from their board (the official one is horrid IMHO), but the thought that someone is out there remixing people's albums on the net (esp. the minute they're released) is..
where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to hear that cd remixed!!!!!!!!!!!please

hiddenlegions said:
So true, so true...(Steiner wipes a tear from the corner of his eye as he remembers the good 'ol days)

Mayeb it's just my system setups but I always found And Justice had waaaay too much bass.

And I agree, not very natural sounding, but quite impressive still... maybe if I had really shitty headphones that couldn't produce bass correctly these 'remixes' would be good.

Stun said:
Mayeb it's just my system setups but I always found And Justice had waaaay too much bass.

And I agree, not very natural sounding, but quite impressive still... maybe if I had really shitty headphones that couldn't produce bass correctly these 'remixes' would be good.

Something is wrong with your system setups then. The original AJFA has NO bass on it. :err:

-Mark

pest666 said:

it made me think though.... like I liked the remix of the new Nevermore done by the guy from their board (the official one is horrid IMHO), but the thought that someone is out there remixing people's albums on the net (esp. the minute they're released) is.....

Hey, do you have this???

Well if And Justice sounds good, and so does everything else (basswise and otherwise), how could it be 'wrong'? :) Maybe everyone else's systems are wrong. :p I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this, I've actually been unable to listen to this cd more than once when subwoofers were used, since the bass would've blown the speakers (or my eardrums), even on the lowest setting. But even so, I do understand what people mean...... you can't really hear the (bass) guitar, but you can hear the actual bass sound. It's like he turned the tone all the way down or something. At least that's what it sounds like to me.

The "bass" you're hearing is the low end information from the guitars. There is pretty much NO actual bass guitar on the album... what makes it even harder to hear is the fact that the guitar riffs and bass were tied in very tightly together... the low end of the guitars completely covers the bass on that album...

Stun said:

Hey Stun why not add your keyboards to it.............:Spin:

LegionsOfTheDead said:
The "bass" you're hearing is the low end information from the guitars. There is pretty much NO actual bass guitar on the album... what makes it even harder to hear is the fact that the guitar riffs and bass were tied in very tightly together... the low end of the guitars completely covers the bass on that album...
Finally someone who knows something .........your exactly right.........I've talked to Jason personally, and he admits he got robbed by The Mix & Mastering, James & Lars had him turned down in final production stages, and he was not happy at all with how weak the Bass came out..........I wish Jason could hear this mix, he'd be smiling..........big time!

Status
Not open for further replies.