And probably folk metal album of the year

Nah, what they do have is shitty power metally/3rd rate gothenburg style riffs, gay pseudo-folk symphonic passages, and nonstop happy melodies because LOL finntroll did it.

Actually to be honest, having slightly upbeat songs and lyrics about vikings does not a folk band make.

postjumped.

No, i give up i could easily say similar things about this band (i don't even mind them tbh), but whats the point? the only thing me and Max will agree on is Star Wars, I keep forgetting that.

Those will be good for sure. I never really dug the myrkgrav album as much as most people, and manegarm really is more of a live band (their last one was cool when it first came out but didnt have much staying power on my playlist). I'll definitely get em all three though. Great year for metal.

The thing is, all the problem with the last Myrkgrav album, will be fixed this time with the addition of hardanger fiddle, flute, and careful songwriting.

hmmm well, Arkona put 3 new songs up on their myspace.
http://www.myspace.com/arkonarussia

For the most part, kind of boring and disappointing. I'm hoping that these are weaker tracks on the album that for some reason they decided to put on their myspace.

Also, they uploaded a hilariously terrible video for the title track. This song is pretty good (except the really stupid riff at 1:32), especially the vocals. Part at 1:04 kills. It feels incomplete, I'm assuming because it's a radio edit (seems the album version is more than 6 minutes long).

Last edited by a moderator:
While that video is pretty bad, in terms of "really shit vikingy themed music videos" Ensiferum have achieved unholy levels of bad with this:

Last edited by a moderator:
ahahaha i was going to reference that video too, disappointing album too but i still enjoy their first two, that video would have been 3 times less lame if it had the band playing in less cheap looking get-ups and actually playing their instruments :p

that arkona song is quite good but yeah that video is bad.