Folk music ?

paddok

Aug 7, 2002
deathfm.tk
Im really loving this new finntroll album.

Are there any other bands out there that have the same scandinavian folk thing going ? It can be pure folk or it can be folk metal its all good !

spaffe said:
and also finntrolls earlier albums, they're better than "visor om slutet" imo

Yeah, I like 'em more too, but the style is too different to compare, I think. 'Visor om slutet' is just ... fantastic. I was just lying in the sun, listening to it, quite amazed in fact :)

For fine folk metal, definitely check out Cruachan's debut album, 'Tuatha Na Gael'. The band's later albums are less metal, but still enjoyable.

Waylander also might appeal to you.

Dreamlord said:
For fine folk metal, definitely check out Cruachan's debut album, 'Tuatha Na Gael'. The band's later albums are less metal, but still enjoyable.

I found Cruachan to be quite boring and bland. Personally I'd recommend some vintage Skyclad.

@Aces High: what Tuatha De Danann tracks would be best for a beginner to download?

I can't believe someone has yet to mention Amorphis! Well, particularly their older material, but I love their more recent work just as well....
Vintersorg is another excellent choice, although I dislike their latest release.
And Opeth's "Morningrise" album...I love that killer folk-sounding riff at approximately the 3:00 point of "Black Rose Immortal."

Lady Vampy said:
I found Cruachan to be quite boring and bland. Personally I'd recommend some vintage Skyclad.

@Aces High: what Tuatha De Danann tracks would be best for a beginner to download?

have you FOUND Tuatha De Danann tracks?? If so, download Tan Pinga Ra Tan, Vercingetorix, Celtia and Some Tunes To Fly.

AcesHigh said:
have you FOUND Tuatha De Danann tracks?? If so, download Tan Pinga Ra Tan, Vercingetorix, Celtia and Some Tunes To Fly.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any Tuatha De Danann tracks at all never mind the ones you suggested. Thanks anyway though.

let us see.

Ulver- Bergtatt, Ulver- Kveldssangar, In Flames- Lunar Strain, In Flames- Subterranean, Skyclad, Jethro Tull, Otyg, Finntroll, Ensiferum, Manegarm