Folk/Viking Metal

Just because you finally found out what the term troll actually means doesn't mean you should go around calling everyone who calls you out on your stupidity a troll.

You're blatantly trolling this thread about folk metal, and Elvenking are a leading practitioner of it...

Elvenking is probably the best viking band!

No. They're good, but not the best folk metal band.

Now this is fucking killer.

There is a huge thread on this actually, but maybe they can merge them or something. I enjoy lots of this genre; everything from the faggot cheese of Turisas to the kvlt tr00ness of Doomsword and Bathory. I think it can be agreed that Quorthon is the king.

Some others I like:

Enslaved
Windir
Thyrfing
Ereb Altor
Scald
Myrkgrav
Fjoergyn
Gjallarhorn
Ancient Rites
Moonsorrow
Black Messiah
Baranduin

Lots of good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I like that song quite a bit, though for some reason anything I like too well right off the bat don't really stay interesting for very long... it's the songs that take some time to really grow on ya that really have that staying power.

What are your favorite songs off Heathenreel by Elvenking? I think "Seasonspeech" is the definite king, followed by "Pagan Purity".

What are your favorite songs off Heathenreel by Elvenking? I think "Seasonspeech" is the definite king, followed by "Pagan Purity".

Maybe I'm wrong, but NocturnalNemisis posted Seasonspeech and Pagan Purity in this thread... He was banned yesterday. A new user who made their account today posts those were his favorite songs as well.

This seems a bit odd to me.