And the tour has ended

wd glad the tour was such a success. must have been awesome to be back on the road. sorry i missed this one. im moving to italy in a week though and was curious if there are any euro tour plans, specifically a show in Rome? And derek gave the best advice - watch movies and read. to cure your mild depression i would suggest watching Hot Tub Time Machine. Hilarious fucking movie.

Congrats on a job well done by you and all the guys in the band - U.S. fans waited a long time to get headlining shows and I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!

I think you got the message that we don't want to wait 5 years between cd's, so I think you'll be plenty busy with the Sanctuary material plus some more solo stuff, and then once again back to NM - get cracking, no rest for the wicked !!!!

what i don't get is how bands pay for their apartment when on the road? since labels make you tour so much don't you spend most of the time on the road and only a little at home? considering how much it must cost to live on the road AND pay for an apartment at home and with the relatively small amount of money bands make these days how does one do it?

thats the one thing i'm really worried about if my band does ever get signed; i'm trying to save up now (although all my money keeps going into the band because the other cunts don't pay shit) to have a fallback to pay for my rent and stuff in case we ever do have to go out on the road, plus i wouldn't really be able to keep my job and i'd have to pause school, it all just seems really complex and tough.

what i don't get is how bands pay for their apartment when on the road? since labels make you tour so much don't you spend most of the time on the road and only a little at home? considering how much it must cost to live on the road AND pay for an apartment at home and with the relatively small amount of money bands make these days how does one do it?

thats the one thing i'm really worried about if my band does ever get signed; i'm trying to save up now (although all my money keeps going into the band because the other cunts don't pay shit) to have a fallback to pay for my rent and stuff in case we ever do have to go out on the road, plus i wouldn't really be able to keep my job and i'd have to pause school, it all just seems really complex and tough.

Well, if none of the band members have day jobs, I imagine they make enough from tours to support their living situations. I mean, they may have personal payment plans figured out. It would be easy for them to mail checks to their landlords. Or perhaps they have family or friends take care of that for them when they're gone, along with pets and watering the plants :D

i am sure they make a halfway decent living by now. i have always been curious as to the financial aspect of the metal world as well. i wonder if CM actually pays them a good wage or if they make their cash through tours and album and merch sales. a band like slayer is obviously rich. nevermore is way better than slayer and the members should all be fucking billionaires.

merch and do it online say for $5 an item you may make a bit of money and not have a middle person.

Hey WD, I have been on the road for my job for about 3/4 of the year and every show you guys had I missed by a week or two. Sux bad..

Hopefully you take a few weeks, get some well deserved rest, get bored and start writing again.

Waits for the next round of tours....:headbang: