And the writer of the final book in the Wheel of Time series is ...

I really don't give a shit about the WoT any longer. However, "Elantris" is one of favorite fantasy novels from the past few years so he will probably do a better job with it than Jordan did with the last seven novels.

Yeah, the last several books have not been nearly as good, but I'm invested in the series and want to know how it ends. Somehow I missed the news Jordan had passed on. Funny, I ran into a girl at a bookstore and had a conversation about him and when he would finish, must've been just August.

Yeah, the last several books have not been nearly as good, but I'm invested in the series and want to know how it ends.

+1 although IMHO there were several books where the narrative faltered (i.e., too much fluff and overwriting) but the last couple have picked up the pace a lot.
Without getting into details for those who haven't read up to there yet, Rand accomplishes something pretty monumental...and also, it was noticeable in the last book that all the dramatis personae are closing inexorably (finally!) on Dragonmount, which we know is where the final act will play out. :kickass:

we were rearranging our Loft and David says "you might as well toss all the Jordan books..." Got all of them in hardback and he's not interested in the next writer. If he's serious (you know how things go) anyone want them?

Both WoT and the Goodkind series have been a disappoint toward the ends but I finish them after getting so involved and spending so much time reading them. Since discover Steven Erikson everything else pales anyway.

^^I'd take those books if you don't want them, as I lost all mine in my divorce.

I'm curious to see how this all ends, thought it's been years since I read one of the WoT books.

I want to know who's going to finish The Song Of Ice & Fire series, since George RR Martin seems to have zero interest in doing so...

dt