andersson...

v01c354nd51gn5

Awakenings
Dec 18, 2003
DE:-\
im not sure how many of you all out there listen to any bands with Richard Andersson on keys, (Majestic, Time Requiem, Space Odyssey, etc.) but im just wondering if any one else hears the *musical references* to other bands in songs that he appears in. Im a big fan and i dont mean anything bad by this, but i've noticed a few and im wondering what the deal is. Is it really *ripping off*, or a tribute sort of thing, or just "hey i like this part i think i'll put it in one of my songs". not that other bands havent done this, but some really raise an eyebrow on Andersson albums. i'll say again i really love that guy's music. ...anyone have any thoughts on this?

yeah i've noticed that track 5 on the space odyssey cd i have sounds a whole lot like YTSE JAM by DT... that's one of the major ones i've heard, but there are tons more in the time requiem cds... but they're all still good so check em out ppl...
-prelude

Watching the tower of skies on the Time Requiem cd bares quite a resemblance to The Bird-Serpent War/Cataclysm by SX ...thats one of those eyebrow raising ones...