Andre Matos - The Turn of the Lights Preview

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
For anyone who cares, here's a preview of all songs. I will wait to hear the full album to actually give an opinion...

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, I ordered mine already. It's available for Pre Order on iTunes (the japanese store version), as well as CDUniverse Japan, I believe.

I don't know why, but I expected the exact opposite reaction from you.

You and me both.

As for me, I honestly just find him to be okay. He has a good high range but not a whole lot else. I do like his Shaman and Angra stuff. I will have to listen to sample songs before I invest in it though as I didn't particularly like his first two solos.

You and me both.

As for me, I honestly just find him to be okay. He has a good high range but not a whole lot else. I do like his Shaman and Angra stuff. I will have to listen to sample songs before I invest in it though as I didn't particularly like his first two solos.

I can see that happening, though I think their first solo is one of the best records in his career. The opening song alone makes that album worth it. I would revisit that if I were you, unless you feel you've given it enough chances. To be quite fair, I didn't care so much for Mentalize, to the point that I only really remember one or two songs on that.

Looking forward to the new one for sure, also to what will come after that. :)

Thanks for posting man. Can't wait to get the Japanese import!:) Are the songs at the link live? The Letting Go at the beginning sounds slightly different. I of course can't understand the interview. The new song Course of Life sounds great:) Can certainly tell he can still sing after all this time and can do the high stuff too. Agree, one of the greatest metal singer ever.

To be quite fair, I didn't care so much for Mentalize, to the point that I only really remember one or two songs on that.

Go back and give this another shot. I pulled it out after your comment, and the entire first half of the album is GREAT. The second half is not nearly as strong, but still...... Lot's of stuff jumped out again at me.