Andy not doing the new caliban? + The Beer Appreciation Thread

Gonna go out on a limb here...

Not a fan of Belgian beer.

What DID impress me! Polish beer!

I was at a brewery in Katowice (Mutant should know it). 15% beer at £0.40 a pint!

Not actually Belgian style even. Made by Coors, and marketed as if it was not a mass-produced beer.

first off....i'd say it's pretty damn good for an American beer then.:kickass: And Marketing?? I've never seen any marketing on this beer. Most gas stations don't have it or even heard of it. So, i'd say not much marketing to it really.

Agreed, I like Paulaner or even Hoegaarden better. LawnMower ain't too bad either. I love most Wheat beers I've tried. except Pyramid or Shiner:yuk:

Still, I've yet to try Erdinger, Franziskaner, Hacker-Pschorr and Weihenstephan. They are on my list!:kickass:

Doc,

I'm about 6 months (and only 7 batches) into homebrewing, and it rules. I make beers that pretty much only other homebrewers like though (so many hops, and high ABV), hahaha. I wish I had more time to do it, but with my day job (live sound) and recording at night, plus bands, I don't have any time!

Yeah, time is a bitch. This alt beer is my first attempt at homebrewing and all the people I've asked have enjoyed it. I've been a home vintner for about 15 months now and that is also an enjoyable time. The real test will be when my PhD advisor comes over with his family. He'll be going to Duesseldorf (the home of Altbier) next week and he grew up there. So we'll see.

Yes, we Belgians have to be the luckiest people around. If you live here and don't like beer, you're f***ed.

You really have to check these out
orval.jpg

kasteelbier_blond.jpg

leffe_br.jpg

leffe.jpg

westmalle.jpg

And of course the mother of all beers. The mighty DUVEL
A coupple of these and you're on your way to beerheaven!!!
Duvel_33clglass_lr.jpg

!BEER! so the new !BEER! Caliband album !BEER! sounds good !BEER! doesnt it?
!BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER!
!BEER! I !BEER! though !BEER! that !BEER! Andy !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER!
!BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER! !BEER!

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Sorry guys, Belgian beer doesn't impress me....

Danish beer however...

tuborg_blog.JPG

May not be as strong as the Belgian pish but if i'm gonna go through a crate of beer i don't want to be tasting the smell of my Bawbag after a gig from a bottle.