Andy Sneap EZmix presets question

alexoden

New Metal Member
Jul 30, 2010
www.myspace.com
I've been using the Andy Sneap EZmix pack and noticed some of the guitar presets say guitar 1, 2, 3. For example there are 3 Nemesis guitar presets and 2 Teutonic Terror guitar presets.

When using these presets should I put the guitar 1 preset on my left guitar and the guitar 2 preset on my right guitar? I thought another scenario would be to record 2 guitars on each side and put the guitar 1 preset on the first left track and the guitar 2 preset on the second left track (and then do the same thing on the two right guitar tracks).

I may be over thinking this but I just wanted to know if there is a proper way to set up the presets for the best sound.

Thanks

Generally you have the same sound on each channel for rhythm guitars, although a little variation will help the stereo image seem wider. Just have a play though and go for what sounds good for the mix.

I've been using the Andy Sneap EZmix pack and noticed some of the guitar presets say guitar 1, 2, 3. For example there are 3 Nemesis guitar presets and 2 Teutonic Terror guitar presets.

When using these presets should I put the guitar 1 preset on my left guitar and the guitar 2 preset on my right guitar? I thought another scenario would be to record 2 guitars on each side and put the guitar 1 preset on the first left track and the guitar 2 preset on the second left track (and then do the same thing on the two right guitar tracks).

I may be over thinking this but I just wanted to know if there is a proper way to set up the presets for the best sound.

Thanks

Doomsday Machine is quad tracked, so i assume Nemesis 1 is Krank , Nemesis 2 is Mesa (or viceversa), and by ear i can supposed Nemesis 3 is both tones combined.