Andy, what's in your mastering chain?

Im using C2 for vox comp on the way in sometimes, and sometimes master buss comp, not everytime tho. Still using finalizer, some people hate those things but it works for me.

Funny you mentioned the finalizer, I was previously using the L2 plugin but a few weeks ago I tried the MD3 of the S6000 (presumely the same as the finalizer) and gave me way better results. The L2 tends to squash all the fast transients and the MD3 makes the sound more likely of what it was in the mix.

How do you normally setup your C2?

I tend to let it on the slowest attack, fastest release, 1.5 Ratio. Adjusting the threshold to give 1-4 dbs gain reduction.
This as a drums buss comp and sometimes Master buss comp.

Eddy (RawMachine) said:
Funny you mentioned the finalizer, I was previously using the L2 plugin but a few weeks ago I tried the MD3 of the S6000 (presumely the same as the finalizer) and gave me way better results. The L2 tends to squash all the fast transients and the MD3 makes the sound more likely of what it was in the mix.
Hey dude, is that a plugin or a rack?

I'm currently using L2 and I'm satisfied.. if you say that MD3 is better, I'd love to test it..

thanks