Andy Winter solo album: release date changed

Andy Winter

Winds
Jul 10, 2002
www.winds.ws
It turns out the release date of my solo CD "Shades of Light Through Black and White" has now been definitely set to May 3rd 2005. In other words, it will be available 1 week earlier than I had originally thought. Good news for those who can't wait to get their hands on it, bad news for those who don't get paid until Friday.

The only place it is available is through The End Records mail order: www.theendrecords.com and it is a limited edition release, only 1000 copies.

Regards,
Andy Winter

only 1000 copies eh? think i could get a signed one? hahaha not the case, the book though... last band i had sign a cd case, the cd case broke and i was sad :cry: lol

Dammit, I live in New Zealand so this will be like impossible for me to get since there is only 1000 copies of thelimited edition. Any chance of being able to by it from you personally Andy? (haha I doubt it but its worth a try).

what will be the selling point of this cd? does it have any guitar/bass/Drums or all synth and Piano? Do you do studio work for Hire?

hey Andy what does the cover art of the Age Of Silence's Acceleration mean? the faces with hands over the mouth? is there a concept?

To answer the question, this CD does not contain any drums, guitars, bass or anything else. Not even synths, it is a classical piano piece and thus it only contains me playing piano.

That is (if you can even call it one) the only selling point of this CD, and therefore it is probably not going to appeal to everyone, but that also is why it is a limited edition CD for those who are especially interested.

We won't re-print this ever, so once it's gone - it's gone. Oh, and also the first 10 copies will be numbered and signed by yours truly.

Regards,
Andy

I think you may need to sign and number a few more. Some of the approximately 25 fanboys (myself included) on this forum might not be too happy if they're #11. I'd second a pre-order as long as I knew I was in the top ten on the list.

I wish we could do more than 10 signed copies, but it will be too expensive for the label to do so. These copies have to be shipped to me and then I have sign them and ship them back, which means the label is already selling these copies at a loss. So it has nothing to do with me not wanting to sign more.

I have even received a lot of promo requests from people in the press I have very good relations with, but we have had to say no to a lot of them as well since there is basically no budget for this release, and we can't afford to send out promos. I hope everyone understands the situation. The label is not making any money on this release at all, it's basically a favor to me that they are even putting it out, so for my own sake I am just happy that it's even available in the first place.

Regards,
Andy

Understandable situation...
Basically, money sucks, there's always too little of it. And oh, there's no option for pre-ordering, I already mailed The End Records and they said no. We'll just have to be quick next Tuesday, hehe.

And thanks to The End for granting you this favour btw. *thumbs up*

The whole concept of 'for-profit art' is a very screwy idea to begin with. The idea that human emotion and expression can be a commodity is one of the many disgusting aspects of our modern capitalist system. It's always nice to hear that there are some real artists left in the world, and that The End continues to be abnormally cool.

i still think that if you're going to write/perform music for a career, that you should be getting paid something to live off of. Its a hard industry nowadays from what i hear, especially if you're not doing concerts.

Andy: what if after it was shipped to me, i shipped it to you and i paid for the return? :p

AnvilSnake said:
Andy: what if after it was shipped to me, i shipped it to you and i paid for the return? :p

To my great surprise you're actually not the first person asking me this. It's very flattering that anyone in their right mind would actually pay money just to get my signature on the disc. That I have to say.

Don't you guys have better things to spend your money on than my signature?

If anyone really wants to do this, and pay the added costs, then I'll be happy to do it provided that we're only talking about a handful of people wanting this done and not hundreds (which I'm sure will not be the case anyway).

Contact me via a private message and I will see what I can do.

Regards,
Andy

The sample sounds pretty good.. definitely something I want to check out
Has anyone in Europe ever ordered from The End Records? Is it reliable? and fast? :D
I´m new in this subforum btw, hi

Edit: Ordered it now. I hope that I get a signed one :)

0mg, I didn't even check out that sample... *hits himself in the head with his mouse*
Sounds... Beautiful... :)

@kokonik: Welcome to the Winds-forum! The End Records' mail-order is good enough, ordered their once before and it took about a week for the cd's to arrive. I love it. :D