Andy Winter solo album

Andy Winter

Winds
Jul 10, 2002
www.winds.ws
Announced yesterday on the Winds website:

"The End Records has set a tentative release date of May 10th for the upcoming limited edition solo release of Andy Winter. It will be entitled "Shades of Light Through Black and White" and it features a one track only piano piece."

Yes, it's all one track, and also to point it out, this will be an EP (sorry to those who had expected a full length). I also didn't quite make it to 20 minutes, even though the piece when I had rehearsed and timed it clocked in around 18 minutes. When it was do or die however, during the recordings, somehow the parts came out a little differently that day. I ended up rearranging some things on the fly during the recording, which I was actually quite happy about afterwards because I thought it worked better, but it resulted in the last note clocking in at 16:26 (if I don't recall wrong).

At that point my fingers were quite tired and I didn't have anything more to give. You can also hear towards the end of the recording that I'm definitely more tired than in the beginning, but in my defense I am not used to playing non-stop for 16 minutes when we do Winds recordings, and even so I am quite happy with how it turned out.

Somehow rehearsing a piece of music like this ahead of time and actually recording it are two completely different things, both as far as how you play, but also as far as intensity and energy is concerned. I hope everyone will still like it, even though it is not as long as I had first intended.

People who have heard it so far have actually been quite surprised, and many have also said they expected something a little different, but that they were caught by surprise in a positive way because it was more elegant and even more classical sounding than they thought. I also have to admit that when I hear the ending of the piece and the very last note of the recording, it still gives me chills to this day after hearing it countless of times. So that is definitely my favorite part of the piece, and even though it is an instrumental recording it's still a visual package that in a way tells a story, only without words, just through music and images.

Regards,
Andy Winter

instrumentals = kick ass. Let us know asap where and when we can buy it. Pay Pal is a must for us, younger, non-credit-carrying fans :p

AnvilSnake said:
instrumentals = kick ass. Let us know asap where and when we can buy it. Pay Pal is a must for us, younger, non-credit-carrying fans :p

From what I've been told, May 10th 2005 is when it should be available for sale. Available from www.theendrecords.com

They accept PayPal and almost all other forms of payment.

Regards,
Andy