Anette

wow, her vocals have much improved from what I'm seeing here vs prior... man, she can really wail! It could also be a difference between how she performs at a somewhat isolated event like this vs during a full grueling tour, perhaps it is just the demands of constant touring that weakens her voice? I noted that she ran ahead of the music in beginning of the concert version of Meadows, and flubbed a couple words... nerves? Though the orchestra was a bit dodgy around 2:50 as well. Though that's always the way it goes, the dress rehearsal is perfect and the final performance is where the issues emerge hehe. She needs work on the high end (like at the end of KTT - she needs to not push those highs, let them be soft and easy!) but it's lovely to hear this more slow, melodic aspect of her voice! I hope they incorporate some of this type of stuff in their concerts from now on. It would give her voice a chance to relax and recoup in the middle of a set of difficult, fast songs.

I finally got to listen to these tracks, and I admit, I was really moved by her take on "Kuolema". I know I said a while back that I did not hear that aspect of Anette's voice that made me feel, or put tears in my eyes the way Tarja's voice has. I finally heard it. I really cannot wait for the next album, and some more Nightwish ballads where Anette is singing in this style. It was really beautiful.

News on the OSA site: for all you Anette fans who don't want to wait for a new Nightwish album, there's good news...Anette is going to be working on a solo album. More info is in "The Escapist" section of OSA. Go now! ;)

News on the OSA site: for all you Anette fans who don't want to wait for a new Nightwish album, there's good news...Anette is going to be working on a solo album. More info is in "The Escapist" section of OSA. Go now! ;)

Oh, no! Don't tell me she is going to get her head all swelled up now?!?

Oh, no! Don't tell me she is going to get her head all swelled up now?!?
:lol: Don't worry Ray, she has got a hired manager, she didn't marry one. There is a difference, I reckon. :heh:

Also, the Nw guys have side projects and other busineses all the time, how come should Anette sit on her cute ass at home for over a year now? Don't think she will. Fortunately one Anders Bagge accepted to work with Anette making her solo album. Anders who? The man has gained some serious credits for composing and producing a few billboard hits and other material to global stars like Madonna, Celine Dion, Janet Jackson, Take That and many more. Besideds, the guy looks like a metalhead (bald, big and ugly) and loves Cannibal Corpse. Anette can't be totally lost in his custody.

I'm interested to see what sort of stuff she does on it... Nightwishy? AlysonAvenuey? Somethingcompletelydifferenty?

I like Anette, yeah. But I think I liked Nightwish as a whole a lot better when Tarja was with them though.

Must be a Nightwish thing. Tarja had a nice fivehead too. lol.

I can just see it now, when the band was wading through those audition tapes..."our qualifications for the new singer must be that she is charming, charismatic...and above all, she's got to have a huge forehead!" :lol:

Hey KT, long time no see.
waveyfrood.gif

Well, i guess it is time for me to say a few words. First, Tarja? Anette? it isn't about a singer it is about the music. Second - I have heard and read many rumors circulating about Anette and her future with Nightwish, In my opinion I think she is out, and that the band has already replaced her. My reasoning? On their first US tour for DPP, she was so genuine and sweet and humble, and alot of fun to be around. The second US tour, she brought her entourage, some of her Swedish friends, signed no auotgraphs took no pictures. Third US tour, she was a total Diva, sitting on the tour bus with the guys and EWO in Tempe Ar, she walked out from the back and started complaining about everything, told EWO to go get her some food, he told her where the food was. So she has developed into this Diva Devil, and yes the personnel manager I believe is for some of the same reasons as Tarja. Tuomas gave and interview in Greece, and was asked some heated questions, about her maybe being the one who won't be back and he responed with let's not talk about that now.

In my opinion i think the band would do better without Anette, i say Hire OLIVIA BERKA from Boston Mass, she is dynamite in a small package, the voice of Floor and Doro combine and 4 inches shorter than Emppu

your not gonna like this...

i like anette.....although shes just a singer...

tarja didnt fit, the opratic vocals were amazing but didnt fit in the least with the music

My first song of nightwish is amaranth, even my 4 years old son knows the song. I love annette deep inside my heart.
This is my first post and because of her.