Angel of Retribution review

its alright. I was hoping for a bit more, but its good enough.

I kept waiting for some of those soft ballads to bust out into something metal and epic, but it never happened.. and thats where i felt let down, waiting for the new "Cathedral spires" or something. But yeah its got a great classic priest thing going on, with some new twists

That's a good review, and a good Maiden analogy with regards to vocalists and comebacks.

With that said, I think Maiden did a better job in their comeback with Brave New World. Priest are just a little rusty here so I fully expect them to make a "Dance of Death" next. A few world tours, stadium arenas, innovation will kick in...

..and yes, there will never be another Stained Class but nobody would expect so.

Yeah, people know there will never be another Stained Class, but that won't stop them from bitching about it anyway. Metal fans...

I'm definitely hoping that Priest will have a Dance of Death quality album in them for next time around. I think DoD is much superior to Brave New World, although head to head, BNW may have a bit of an edge over Angel of Retribution. As far as capitalizing on ability, I'd say they were pretty close to equally successful comebacks.

matt99_crew said:
Yeah, people know there will never be another Stained Class, but that won't stop them from bitching about it anyway. Metal fans...

Heh, there were people (even on this forum!) complaining that "The System has Failed" wasn't as good as "Rust in Peace". :tickled:

I'm definitely hoping that Priest will have a Dance of Death quality album in them for next time around. I think DoD is much superior to Brave New World, although head to head, BNW may have a bit of an edge over Angel of Retribution.

Agreed 100%.