Review of the new Pelican

Like close sonic cousins Isis, Pelican have a distinctly elemental vibe, providing the scenic aerials to compliment Isis’ oceanic tides. The songs soar weightlessly across expansive skies, while the band winds layer upon intricate layer over the framework until the weight is too much for their structures to bare, sending them crashing earthward, twisting and spiraling passionately as they go, equally resenting and relishing their actualization. The open, airy feel is further served by the manner in which the band sculpts the trajectory of the songs, subtly adding texture and density until the songs redline into passionate, tightly wound acrobatics. The transitions are sublime, both in reaching apex and gracefully shifting from crescendo

from the review above ... and hearing the samples ... I fully get this band ... this is stuff that is very competent, more written for a thesis in music school then to entertain me.

I want to tap dance, bring out the gimp :loco:

PF205.jpg

:lol: ... that scene in PF rules

just based on that qoute I qouted above, someone should check if the reviewer is wearing an angora sweater under his long sleeved burzum tee :tickled: :Spin:
what a fagalah ...

hahahaha ... getting laid regularly now ... just a perfect thread to push some buttons :loco:

Isis is way more ambient than Australasia. Australasia is much, much heavier. Isis has a vocalist. BIG differences.

IOfTheStorm said:
I prefer Pelican from Isis. Heavier, stronger atmosphere, more seducing sound. Isis sometimes get very random.

Again, Australasia is certainly NOT heavier than Mosquito Control and Red Sea.

Rensei said:
Have you heard their first 2 mc?

I've heard it all. The early recordings are a sludgy mess, very amateurish and trying too hard to emulate Neurosis. Celestial is a bit better than average, but I still say they hit their stride with Oceanic and became extremely interesting.

Pelican sounds closer to Oceanic than anything, and IMO, surpassed anything Isis have managed to release.

I've heard it all. The early recordings are a sludgy mess, very amateurish and trying too hard to emulate Neurosis. Celestial is a bit better than average, but I still say they hit their stride with Oceanic and became extremely interesting.
Totally agree.

Pelican sounds closer to Oceanic than anything, and IMO, surpassed anything Isis have managed to release.
Totally disagree :D