Review of the new Pelican

Agreed about Isis' randomness, but part of what makes Oceanic and Panopticon so engrossing is how the music expands on itself and wanders in different directions, only to resolve brilliantly in many cases. All part of their overall atmosphere. I find Pelican more focused and heavier (not taking the new one into consideration), but they don't have the same depth, although much of Australasia does approach and even surpass Isis for sheer intensity.

i think the last dozen or so responses in this thread are reinforcing the truth of my banner :lol: [/kidding]

Isis has a strong background in industrial while Pelican had a stoner/rock feeling since their first release.

Isis remain unreached in their league as far as I'm concerned.

Rensei said:
ambiant-wall-of-noise-post-rockish-structure

let me reiterate since I am toasted ....

rf.jpg

and PELICAN ... NOT a metal name ... it's a fucking bird people .. a fucking bird :wave: :loco:

lurch70 said:
let me reiterate since I am toasted ....

rf.jpg

and PELICAN ... NOT a metal name ... it's a fucking bird people .. a fucking bird :wave: :loco:

Do I need to mention you like Dew Scented? Fucking Dew Scented! Now that's Faggage to the nth degree

uh, Pelican isn't metal. But thanks for playing.

I am the first to agree ... heck I call them Pine Scented ...

Fuck, The Eagles had a balsy name at least ...

Fat fucking big beaked bird ... Pelican ... name the fucking band PIGEON at least ... a fucked up mean NYC pigeon.

and J ... you do realize you are arguing with a toasted man :loco: