Review of the new Pelican

Sounds good. I've only listened to March into the Sea once and found it quite promising, but will need to give it more time if I hope to pick up any more Pelican. My first impression was that they could stand to get a vocalist, that's something I've never thought before. :Spin:

There are very few all-instrumental bands who I think could be improved by the presence of a vocalist, and Pelican definitely isn't one of them...this is coming out on the same day as the new Nevermore, July alone may be enough to revive a somewhat humdrum year for metal...

Doomcifer said:
Fuck Nevermore!! *ducks & runs*

Fuck yes. Probably 75% of the reason why I don't like them is their ridiculous fanbase... seriously, just check out that forum. The new album has its moments, but after a few listens it has already lost my interest.

One Inch Man said:
Sounds good. I've only listened to March into the Sea once and found it quite promising, but will need to give it more time if I hope to pick up any more Pelican. My first impression was that they could stand to get a vocalist, that's something I've never thought before. :Spin:
By its nature, March into the Sea is not the best album to start with. I'd check out the new one or Australasia if you get the chance.

Fuck yes. Probably 75% of the reason why I don't like them is their ridiculous fanbase... seriously, just check out that forum. The new album has its moments, but after a few listens it has already lost my interest.
I've never been one to bang the Nevermore drum. I think they deserve neither the heaps of praise or scorn that they collect by the assload. But this album is as good or better than anything they've done. There will be ZERO disappointed fans.

a vocalist would totally ruin Pelican. Australasia is one of only a handful of mandatory albums of the past few years.

Marksveld said:
clap clap
I dont like a band because their fans suck
And i can definetally say that you are one of the responsibles of the fact that the Nevermore forum turned into crap, you just got more "serious" here.

Marksveld said:

if thats what you base your opinions of all your music on, I would try to stay away from the forums of any other bands you know. I would even recommend staying away from the internet altogether, have you even seen the kind of people on that thing these days?

Fucking Nevermore being discussed in a Pelican thread. Fuck Royal Pinkage, this thread constitutes Royal Faggage.

both those bands suck .. one sounds like a pretentious instrumental ambient huddah ... the other is still trying to put together a decent fanbase after almost a 20 year old history in metal of their members :loco:

if by "pretentious instrumental ambient huddah" you mean one of the best bands of today havng released one of the best albums of the 00's, well sir, you are right on the money.

then again, you guys could just throw a fag leather bondage party whilst listening to Blood Red Throne, Nevermore, and Dew Scented. :loco: Perfect music for the perfect setting.