Angra gets plagiarized... again.

It's pretty blatant, but doesn't -necessarily- need to be intentional. it's a pretty generic sounding ballad.

PLus, I mean shit like this has been happening forever. in 1981*,Riot releases 'Fire Down Under" and opens with a nice, badass riff, and three year later, Iron Maiden uses something -extremely- similar in 2 minutes to midnight. I figure around here's that's a pretty well known little similarity, and maybe I'm speaking strictly from my anus here, but there are a few other songs, (specific titles elude me) but there are a decent number of other early Riot tracks that seem to ahve found their way into several larger band's sonic litany.

On the other hand, straight up copying is...yeah. lame-o.

*I'm not pretending I was "there" for it, because I wasn't even born yet.

While I think there's something to the idea of "stealing" or borrowing or making tribute to other bands, that's kinda blatant, but does anyone know for sure that they didn't put something in their cd that gives them credit for that? Like is it enough to list Angra as an influence or would more need to be done to avoid a legal liability? I also agree their singer is better than Edu.

It can be unintentional too. Billy Joel on VH1 Storytellers came up with this amazing piano riff and played it for the band: and it was Smoke on the Water.

The Prophecy of Pleiades is obviously tributary to Learning to Live, which is not the same as blatant theft. This song is pretty much note for note.