Angra

Rory

Shadow Warrior
May 25, 2006
Cork, Ireland
Any Angra fans around here?

I for one absolutely love them! My favourite album is probably "Rebirth World Tour: Live in Sao Paulo, it's Edu (their best vocalist IMO, singing the classics) but as a studio album "Temple of Shadows" is my favourite!

My favourite song at the moment is either "Running Alone" or "Sprouts of Time"

I must see them live one day, it'd be so surreal, cos I love them but they're so far away from everywhere!

Anyone else here into em?

P.S. Sorry if this topic has been here before! :kickass:

i dont care if its been here before angra OWN your tiny mortal SOUL :D had the pleasure of seeing them at le Mean Fiddler and they made me grin like a small child..and then a saw who i was standing next to (janick gers) and i grinned more.. :D I'm also on the Temple of Shadows band wagon..tis in my faves *nods* :kickass:

Would'nt it be great if Rod Smallwood signed em and FORCED them to move to Ireland and to gig non stop :D

btw

Steve Harris > Janick Gers + Rod Smallwood

I hate to put ye down, but fuck you, you've seen Angra!

I only got the Fireworks and the Rebirth albums. Must say i do prefer Edu's voice.
Favourite track? I love Millennium Sun from the Rebirth album. Lot's of great songs there, but this one sticks out.

Aran said:
I only got the Fireworks and the Rebirth albums. Must say i do prefer Edu's voice.
Favourite track? I love Millennium Sun from the Rebirth album. Lot's of great songs there, but this one sticks out.

Excellent Choice! Fantastic emotion, also in Make Belive

But definetly, Edu > Andre by far.. And Kiko and Rafael are two of the best guitarists I've ever heard

dragonwarrior said:
Janick Gers was at the Mean Fiddler gig? I saw Rod Smallwood there, but no Maiden band members!! :cry:

yeah he had the pleasure of my boobs squishing up against him when me and my ex decided to move away from the sound cage...:oops:

Acid Rain was rather good, i've not listened much to them, got a stack of their stuff courtesy of some nice soul (no names mentioned ;) ), and some of their stuff sounds rather nice but some of it kinda bored me a bit, probably just gotta get into it a bit more!

I've got Rebirth and Temple of Shadows. First half of Rebirth is awesome, and then it all goes a bit wrong. Temple of Shadows is better. Anything featuring Hansi will automatically be amazing to be honest.

I had a list of stuff Kai had been in somewhere..
There's like 20 odd albums

He does vocals on Temple of Hate from Temple of Shadows and did a solo on theAngels Cry album, on the song "Never Understand."
Also sings in Blind Guardian's Lost In The Twilight Hall from The Tales From The Twilight World album, and on The "Follow the Blind" album, he sings and plays lead guitar on the song called "Valhalla."

Not to mention, Iron Savior, Hammerfall's I Want Out single, and Avantasia!

dragonwarrior said:
Heroes of Sand for the win!!

ALL THE HEERRRRROOOESSSS GO DOOOWWWWWN
WITH THEIRR HEARTS IN THEIR HAAAANNNNDS
BUILDINGG THEIR CASTLES, IN THE SAAAAAAANNNNND

That song has some of the bestest solos I've ever heard

Symphony said:
Angra...now there is a band! Would love to tour with those guys some day, for sure

I'd say we'd all love that happen :)

That would be so cool though, two of my favourite bands in the same night, that'd be well worth a trip to London! I'm free in early 2007 if anyone's talking to Angra about coming here