Anneke leaves The Gathering!

That's sad news. I've always enjoyd the Gathering and still think that Mandylion and Nighttime Birds are the best records with female vocalist.

Those really are their only two good albums. After that the band steadily went downhill quick, and got more and more lazy with their instruments. Was there even any guitar or real drums on their last pile of crap release?

On a side note...ever hear their first two albums before Anneke joined?? Holy crap, if you want to hear some of the worst death vocals in the universe check them out. They're so goofy they're almost like comedy albums.

Oh really? How does one "go steadily downhill quick", could you explain that?

Since when are the distortions and loud drums prerequisite for a good track?

Btw, on a side note, when was the last time you actually left any positive message on this forum?

I'm so glad I caught their show in Seattle a few weeks ago.....it ended up being their last show with her in North America.

Oh really? How does one "go steadily downhill quick", could you explain that?

Since when are the distortions and loud drums prerequisite for a good track?

Btw, on a side note, when was the last time you actually left any positive message on this forum?

Here's your answers:

Well Mandylion and Nighttime Birds were awesome, then How to Measure a Planet? was ok, then If_Else_Then was half ok and half terrible, then Souvenirs and Home were COMPLETELY worthless. That's going downhill pretty damn quickly!

They don't, but the band simply don't play their instruments anymore. Everything is done with keyboards and samples. To me that's a real cheap way to make music.

I leave positive messages all the time. I'm leaving one right now, because I'm thrilled that Tori Amos wannabe left the band. Maybe the band kicked her out and don't want to admit it?

I really haven't been into them since if_then_else, preferring the old stuff...I saw them live recently however and fell in love with them (and anneke) all over again and realized that Home is a really magical album. I'm glad I saw them in Pittsburgh and glad that they did two songs from Mandylion, my favorite album. I can't see The Gathering continuing without her.

Here's your answers:

Well Mandylion and Nighttime Birds were awesome, then How to Measure a Planet? was ok, then If_Else_Then was half ok and half terrible, then Souvenirs and Home were COMPLETELY worthless. That's going downhill pretty damn quickly!

They don't, but the band simply don't play their instruments anymore. Everything is done with keyboards and samples. To me that's a real cheap way to make music.

I leave positive messages all the time. I'm leaving one right now, because I'm thrilled that Tori Amos wannabe left the band. Maybe the band kicked her out and don't want to admit it?

Oh god I can't believe how utterly dumb you are.
You talk about those albums as if you're stating straight facts, while actually they're just poor opinions. I love each and every album. They reached the maximum of their creativity on How to Measure a Planet, If_Then_Else and Souvenirs.
"Everything is done with keyboards and samples", haha, that's... really really funny. Really.
Cos it's not.
Maybe you need to check out the last DVD. It might make you smarter.

Tori Amos wannabe... I repeat, you're funny!

i started to listen to this band when 'Mandylion' came out. this one and 'Nighttime Birds' are my favourite Gathering releases and their last album i really enjoyed was 'How To Measure...'. maybe i should give the following ones some spins again, since my taste change a bit over the years...
well i'm glad i had the opportunity to see them live at the Summerbreeze back in 2002

Oh god I can't believe how utterly dumb you are.
You talk about those albums as if you're stating straight facts, while actually they're just poor opinions. I love each and every album. They reached the maximum of their creativity on How to Measure a Planet, If_Then_Else and Souvenirs.
"Everything is done with keyboards and samples", haha, that's... really really funny. Really.
Cos it's not.
Maybe you need to check out the last DVD. It might make you smarter.

Tori Amos wannabe... I repeat, you're funny!

That's funny, you're talking about the new Gathering albums like it's a fact that they're masterpieces. So by your logic if I'm dumb for stating things as facts then you're just as dumb because you do it all the time. Now go dye your hair black some more, you ugly goth metal wannabe loser.

AAAAARGH HAHAAAAAAAAAHAHA
Yeah! I dye my hair aaaaall the time! I'm sooooooo goth. OMG, I'm sooooo goth...
Right peeps?

Keep the funny comments coming.

On a side note, yeah according to my personal taste they're all masterpieces, but at least I don't state that opinion as if it's a undeniable fact.

Nighttime Birds is my favourite album. Mandylion was a great doom album, but NB really kicked it with the "metalized Pink Floyd" style (as Anathema's Eternity too)

How To Measure A Planet was experimental one. i really love Illuminate, Travel, Frail and especially the title track. it was really bold to do a 30 minute track.

i think maybe if_then_else might be their best. great standout tracks (Amity, Saturnine, Analogue Park), but also a great album as a whole.

Souvenirs was great. kudos to collaboration with Garm and eerie atmosphere on Even The Spirits Are Afraid.

Too much samples? You say that as if they are some kind of Hip Hop group...and lol @ saying the band doesn't make music because of the use of keyboards. Good Lord. Also, i hear plenty of guitar in Souvenirs, etc. so it is really hard to tell what you're talking about. Btw, i'm not fucking personally offended because you don't like The Gathering KittyKatatonia, feel free to express yourself, it is nothing against you, i'm just strongly disagreeing with you opinions, srsly.