10ygokl.png

ASHEN GREY "Norrländskt Svårmod" 2006

I. Intro
II. The Grim Countenance of Winter
III. You are the Rivers
IV. Borne by Wings of Solitude
V. In Absentia Animi
VI. Alma Mater (MOONSPELL cover)​

Six tracks and 30+ minutes of melodic folk-infused melancholy metal inspired by the likes of KATATONIA, AGALLOCH, EMPYRIUM, ANATHEMA, FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM and SOL INVICTUS. Clean vocals, acoustic guitars, harmony leads & an atmosphere of melancholic isolation & darkest sorrows.

This is a project I've been working on for literally over three years now, and it's finally nearing completion. To be released in rather severely limited well-packaged CD-R edition some time this summer, hopefully. Some of you might have heard old, rough versions of a couple of these songs; if you have, DO NOT SPREAD THEM FURTHER. Thank you. The versions on the actual CD are progressed, re-recorded and different, and I do not want people getting the wrong impressions of the material. Also, do not add this project to Metal-Archives or anything similar yet. THIS IS NOT RELEASED YET.

I'm announcing this now mainly so there is no turning back for me, because the unfinished material has been haunting me for years and I need to bring closure to this; I'm really seeing an end to it now and have the summer to finish it up, and now that it's announced, I have to do it. You may express interest in this thread to be sure to receive a copy once they're done.

Erik, I thought you agreed with me on how fucking frustrating CDR releases were :erk:

Ah well, theres no way I won't love this regardless :kickass:

So, sign me up as well if you don't mind... sounds great!

I'd definitely take a copy as well, I've heard bits and peices of your solo stuff you've posted here over the years and cant see why this wont be great as well.

So we've got 15 people who want a copy so far... And I'll give away probably another 10 to various people... I'm thinking of limiting this to 50 or so, so that will cover random additional sales as well.