Announcement: SHADOW DEMON parts with vocalist.

Helspyre

Dec 6, 2005
USA
www.helspyre.com
SHADOW DEMON has parted ways with lead singer, Blaine Hammond, due to musical differences. There are no immediate plans to find a replacement. At this time bassist, James Rinker, will be taking over Blaine’s vocal duties. The band is still seeking a second guitarist.

See what you've done? I had to go and change my forum avatar just to show my angry-pagan-viking face. Do you feel it's wrath? Do you feel it's unique pagan-style displeasure at seeing it's favorite band suffer this blow?

Tremble! Woe and tremble all ye fates arrayed against Shadow Demon! For Shadow Demon shall be victorious!:headbang:

See what you've done? I had to go and change my forum avatar just to show my angry-pagan-viking face. Do you feel it's wrath? Do you feel it's unique pagan-style displeasure at seeing it's favorite band suffer this blow?

Tremble! Woe and tremble all ye fates arrayed against Shadow Demon! For Shadow Demon shall be victorious!:headbang:

I am feeling the wrath. This was very difficult on a personal level as we have all been good friends for a long time. However, some things just were not working out musically for everyone and the band must go on.

Starting next week we will begin practicing all the old material with James singing. Once we are comfortable with that we will start working on newer material. Expect some new elements to be brought into the mix, but don't worry too much. James and I wrote most of the older material and James wrote most of the vocal arrangements on the album (with Blaine's input of course). We are also excited to have Jay during the beginning of the writing process rather than the end of it. We will deliver more of what you have come to expect with the first album along with some fresh ideas.

And guys, I am sure I do not say this enough:

Thanks for the support!

--Helm

Good luck to all of you.
Many of us have enjoyed your music and hard work and look forward
to hearing your evolving sound.
I still miss what Ryan delivered to your music but I'm sure you'll get there again.

Death by "Heavy Metal" poisoning!*!*!*!

-Bev

Bands always say that changes in line-up will make the band stronger or cause them to realize the goal that they initially set out for or some other such bullshit (see Iced Earth), but this is one of the few times that I honestly feel this will be the case. I think Blaine is an amazing dude, really nice guy but in the end I think you guys are making the choice that will really help in the advancement of the band.

I'm excited to hear a new side of Shadow Demon and can't wait for y'all to start playing live again. Just a question: are you planning to play live as a three piece at all?

I'm excited to hear a new side of Shadow Demon and can't wait for y'all to start playing live again. Just a question: are you planning to play live as a three piece at all?

Once we feel comfortable with the old material we plan to start playing as a three piece. I have a feeling most newer material will really need a second guitarist though.