Another black disc?

Okay, so what if I'm driving at night and trying to pick a cd out of the case while keeping my eyes on the road but I can't tell which is which because they're all black so I have to read the tiny print which is also black so now I'm not watching the road and I steer head-first into a minivan carrying a family of eight with a dog in the back and the cds go flying out of the case and decapitate everyone so now the family and the dog and me are all dead and it's all Opeth's fault. So there.

I demand the next cd be yellow for the benefit of the underrepresented Chinese Opeth listeners.

:lol:

I've never understood the colors of people. Asian people aren't yellow, Africans aren't black, Hispanics aren't brown, Native Americans aren't red, and white people aren't white! They're all some variation of the color peach, and Africans are brown-colored.

Although I agree about a yellow CD. It would shock many, as yellow is a color typically associated with the sun, and we all know how "sunny" Opeth's music is.

Okay, so what if I'm driving at night and trying to pick a cd out of the case while keeping my eyes on the road but I can't tell which is which because they're all black so I have to read the tiny print which is also black so now I'm not watching the road and I steer head-first into a minivan carrying a family of eight with a dog in the back and the cds go flying out of the case and decapitate everyone so now the family and the dog and me are all dead and it's all Opeth's fault. So there.

Good point.

Fuck carrying 700 "tangible" albums with me wherever I go. Hooray for owning the CDs and stuff, but mp3 players are just a damned huge convenience.

The next cd should be made out of pressed forrest leaves enveloped in a case of interlaced ivy vines.

Yeah then it's tangible. Let's take it a step back from the vinyl purists - from now on, CDs are crappy driftwood. They'll have the lyrics inscribed in runes, and we can try to pretend we know what the song is about.

"Man, Opeth's 10th album is fucking sick. You know that bass solo right after the rune that looks like a shadow spirit weeping? They haven't pulled that shit off since Orchid maaaan!"

I've never felt the need to have 700 albums instantly accessible wherever I am. I mean, sure, in the past I've had an MP3 player, and they're useful... but given the choice I'd much rather use a CD. I keep a 35 cd wallet in my car, and change around the CD's whenever the need arises.