Prestige Ibanez - the guitars are beastly but there's a HUGE problem

but regardless we arent talking about the average 7 string user, as most of them are korn/fear factory riff types. but we are talking about the possibilities of each instrument where i say a 7 string is different to a 6.

To be honest, i own a schecter. Its shit. My friends £800 ibanez is far worse though. Truly horrific. Its like playing a MIDI guitar. wheres the depth, the warmth, the edge....No where to be found. Weak as shit. Id much rather have a fender jaguar which go for around £500.

SanctuaryNZ said:
Why the hell not? You can play ANYTHING on just about any guitar. I friggin' hate stereo-types. Guess who came up with the RR shape? That's right, Randy Rhoads. Ever listen to "Dee"? Most certainly not Black Metal. :loco:

Ah, i didn't mean RR shape is black metal lol. I know Randy didn't play black metal, obviously.

But anyway, schecter are ok but personally i dislike them. I have my reasons. Anyway, i've been thinking and i'm thinking plain black would simply be not that good for a ibanez actually. I'm going to attempt getting a plain one, wood color...or violin flat. Or something.

Anyway, i simply must find out - Ash body. How is it sound-wise compared to the usual 3?

I'm surprised about the ibanez being bad though. Most ibanez i've tried seemed to sound quite nice. Perhaps that particular guitar simply sounds bad, who knows.

Sound is more important, so is price hah. But you simply must admit when getting a guitar you take looks into consideration.

Sean Casey said:
who cares how it looks as long is it sounds good???

so you wouldnt rather drive a bentley over a 76 el camino if both get you from point A to point B? i dont think its unatural that a musician should be pleased with the way his instrument looks.

Nah, man, don't listen to these Ibanez detractors, I own three and they are all superb axes.

My baby is my JPM004, that's the John Petrucci model in the Camo colours, and it plays like a dream. Nice, well rounded neck, very quick fretboard, sick pups and it just looks fucking badass. Oh, and the most important thing about the top end Ibanez's is that they have the best floyd rose trems in the world. I don't care what anyone says about the old fashioned originals, Ibanez Lowpro or the new adge are just simply the best, aesthetically and useably.

Anyway, if you want grim Ibanez, and it seems that you are quite determined to have something custom, you should try out some of the prestige Ibanez's, and then get a custom paint job. It will set you back a few quid but if it's what you really want...

For me, the linchpin metal guitars are Ibanez and Jackson. That's not to say that other brands are no good, but top end models from these manufacturers will do you no hard at all. There are shitloads of really good independant custom shops out there, too, so check out a few.

I personall love the work that this guy does:

www.blackmachine.co.uk

Keep it heavy as fuck.:headbang:

NineFeetUnderground said:
youre not going to find many if any prestiges in "grim" colors unfortunately. The japanese ibanez headquarters is convinced that every one of their customers is a flaming tart who wants to be steve vai, so every finish they do is "metallic" something or other, or a bright color of some kind. I however would recommend you take a look at their other japanese models which arent prestiges, for as long as theyre made in japan, the quality is just as good and uses pretty much all the same materials, etc. this is the guitar im currently using in Repertory right now, they also make it in a 6 string model...its the closest i think you can come to a "grim" looking guitar from ibanez.

RG7EXFX_BP_1M_01.jpg

I bought the 6 string RG model (this exact guitar) last year with the exception of it having different inlays. It is a beautiful guitar with a through body neck that makes it much more enjoyable to play. Haven't had a problem with it yet!