another KRankenstein+ Clip

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
I'm really not sure about this amp...some days I love it, some days I hate it.
all I know is that I won't get rid of it...usually I do prefer 5150 an Recto tones, but the Krankenstein Tone is unique and characteristic imo that it comes in handy some times.

the attack of this amp is really different from the attack on the rec or peavey...somewhat similar to an old JCM800.
I often find it hard to tell whether it's undergained or overgained etc....I really need to spend more time with this amp...

anyway, here's another clip:

typical Krankenstein+

Sounds good, man. I also would not get rid of it. The Krank amps has something really special, what I like. I save money to get those. But I have to get rid of my fucking Crate GT1200 amp.

Haha...nothing like having a definite opinion on something. ;) Now, blended with another amp...I might feel very differently about the tone.

yeah, I love the big and tight bottomend and the attack the amp has.
for me it's lacking the thick mids of a 5150....when I turn up the mids on the Krank it's getting a bit honky (not "crunchy" like it is on the 5150).
so it's not my favorite amp on it's own (would usually prefer a 5150 or Recto for that), but it's awesome to blend it with another amp.

Hey Lasse, I have a Krank+ and a Rev + that I've been demoing for a while (I work with the Swedish distro), and I like the Rev+ better. Did you use the Fx-loop boost on the clip?

Hey Lasse, I have a Krank+ and a Rev + that I've been demoing for a while (I work with the Swedish distro), and I like the Rev+ better. Did you use the Fx-loop boost on the clip?

nah, not using the boost, it was my plan for today to try it, does it make a big difference? I's wish for a "thicker/denser" sound
My Problem is that I'm dealing with Krank USA directly and there's no suitable discription for how slow that is (they wanted to send me a rev+ exactly one year ago)...
how would you describe the differences between the stein and the rev?
(as far as I know you're the only one on the board who has tried the + versions of both models)

the FX boost really does make a difference in tone.

with fx boost

this clip is using the exact same settings but the fx-boost enabled...
of course I'd turn the gain down and adjust the settings for a more usable tone, but I thought this way it'd be easier to compare.