Another Lackluster Video...A Burden for Opeth to bear...

The problem with treating this, and all Opeth videos, strictly as promotional tools is that they don't even accurately represent the band. These videos represent compromise and that is not what Opeth is about. I understand where everyone is coming from with the opinion that these videos are just supposed to serve as gateways to discovering the band's music and nothing more, but plenty of bands have proven that a video can both serve as a promotional tool AND be an artistic statement that complements the song. None of the Opeth videos do this, IMO.

As I said in another thread: Boring video. Lost interest after approximately 1 min or so. Nothing happens. Nothing new. Nothing good at all. Just boring repetitive stuff.

Kind of like your post. I lost interest almost immediately, you had nothing of value to add, and it was boring and repetitive.

It is good, in fact awesome compared to other Opeth videos. They are on the good track, the band looks cool. Cry if you want to though..

lol that's like saying getting a flu is awesome because it's better than cancer

I am really tiered of the bitching over these videos. Mike a nd the band have made it abundantly clear that they don't have a vision of what Opeth looks like visually and they don't really care about these videos. These videos are a promotional tool used by Roadrunner to sell more records, Opeth have a contractual obligation to release singles and accompanying videos. As long as Opeth continue to release quality music I couldn't give a rats ass what the videos look like. Shit Thread.

NO LESBIANS!?!?!?!? WHAT THE FUCK!!!!????

Per looks awsome and Martin looks like Jesus!

It was something that always was missing from Per... Now we know what!

Just use the ignore on me and you don't have to get so upset and cry everytime I say something negative abut Opeth.

You know better than that. I'm not going to ignore anyone. I'm not going to ignore your first trolling post, and I'm not going to react to your above quoted ignorant/trolling post. I don't know what's up your ass, but take care of it. It's making you act out of character.

I enjoyed Porcelain Heart because it was completely according to the song and I could envision the emotion as it related to the events that transpired in the video. I didn't get so much the connection to it in Burden, a very well put together ballad. I would have been happy if the shots were of the band playing in the empty theatre because it symblolises that which is Opeth... the love of the music, which is the only thing that really matters. I was just confused by the other characters and don't see its connection to the characters in Porcelain Heart, and even moreso frustrated at the chopping of the intro/end of the song. But well spoken of Mikael to explain the editing, and I understand. I respect their decision to be very pleased with the work, and I just can't help but feel that there is something better out there to give it a grander sense of emotion/justice...

always and evermore

It's true...without the band shots, the videos are just some random masked dude, a chick, a snake, the dude from Akercocke, and shitty Hot Topic clothes. Putting the band in the videos makes the videos less shitty :fact: